Chapter 20

Kaminari made his way to the stadium in time to hear Shiozaki's speech about her reason to become a hero and Mic apologizing to her for calling her assassin.

'She looks cute and petite at first glance, but she is really strong. Her build, her way of speech and her body language tells this much. How strong, now that's something needed to be figured out,' thought Kaminari as he stepped into the stadium.

"You seem strong, now tell me, what's with all that speech?" he asked.

"I just made my motives clear. So tell me, why do you want to become a hero?" she asked.

"Me? I am not sure," he said, and everyone looked at him confused.

"It's just when you make someone smile, it's the best feeling in the world. What better way to make people smile than to protect them? To let them know that someone is looking out for them," said Kaminari.

"You are a noble person. I will honor you by going all out," she said, and Mic announced the start of the match.

'The first step, make the surrounding advantageous to yourself,' he thought.

"1.3 million volts indiscriminate shock," he yelled as he let loose a lot of electricity.

Shiozaki just used her own special move 'Faith's shield' to protect herself as the vines traveled underground to capture him.

'Wait for it... wait... wait... wait... Now!' he thought as the vines burst out from the ground. He caught it and pulled hard on it causing Shiozaki to lose her balance before she detached it.

"The quirk of yours is pretty overpowered you know," said Kaminari as he folded the vine into two.

"But... you aren't fast enough," he said as sparks started appearing from him.

The next second, he was behind her, as he threw a punch, which she barely blocked.

A moment later, he was behind her and attempted to deliver a roundhouse kick which she dodged by ducking. however, his leg released a burst of electricity, numbing her.

"I know you stop functioning properly when you exceed your limit, so I suggest you give up," she said, as she sent her vines towards him.

"Do you want to know why I used my special move in the starting?" Kaminari asked.

"Why?" she asked back.

"Because it makes the surrounding charged. And I can absorb that charge, which my metabolism uses to generate even more electricity," he said as small sparks started to come from the ground and hit him. 

When the vines were just a moment away from touching him, he ducked and ran towards her, dodging the vines she sent towards him.

When he was close to her, he bent and went towards her right, got behind her, grabbed her by the shoulder, and pushed her outside the stadium.

"Ibara Shiozaki is out of bound, the winner is Denki Kaminari," announced Midnight while cracking her whip.

"You were amazing," said Kaminari offering her his hand.

"Thank you. I hope you make it to the finals," Shiozaki said before exiting.

Kaminari then turned towards the audience to see Jirou looking at him with slightly red cheeks and a smile.

Kaminari just flashed a million-dollar smile on her before exiting and making his way to her.

Kaminari was going back when he came face to face with Izuku making his way towards the stadium.

"Kaminari, it was awesome," he said with a smile and Kaminari put his hand forward for a fist bump.

"Thank you, and all the best for your match. In the starting, I was scared, but now I want to fight you," said Kaminari.

"Of course," said Izuku as he continued to walk.

Kaminari had just reached the spectating area for competitors when Jirou grabbed his hand and practically dragged him to the seat.

"You know I wasn't gonna run away," said Kaminari, sweat-dropping.

"I am not going to take any chances," she muttered.

"Kamibro!" gasped Kirishima.

"Hey," said Kaminari awkwardly.

"Kaminari, I am sorry I didn't notice everything," said Sero.

"Don't worry, I mean I was the one trying to hide it from you all," said Kaminari.

"But still, some friends we are," said Kirishima.

"Hey, you both are good friends, don't sweat it. Now, let's focus on the match," he said.

"Oh yeah, your match was awesome! We never knew you were so strong," said Sero excitedly.

"Well, neither did I until 10 days ago," he said.

"Kaminari kun, congratulations on winning," said Ochako as she came and sat beside Iida.

"Thank you Uraraka," he said.

"But how did you become so strong?" asked Iida.

"Well, it was Steve, he has been training me and has be- nothing," said Kaminari, stopping midway.

"What were you saying?" asked Sero.

"Nothing," repeated Kaminari.

"Come on, we won't judge," said Kirishima.

"W-well, I am d-dyslexic and also have ADHD, so he has been helping me with that," he said timidly.

"What! No way..." said Ochako.

"Huh?" said Kaminari.

"I mean, even though you have these special conditions, you gave paper along with us and passed, and got into UA. Amazing," she said. Ochako had spent long enough with Izuku that people didn't want pity, instead they craved for recognition, so that's what she needed to give him. It was obvious that Kaminari was suffering, which she couldn't allow.

"Yeah! It's pretty manly. Wow, Kamibro, I never knew that you had this hard. And to overcome that to fulfill your dream," said Kirishima.

"Thanks," said Kaminari, overwhelmed and happy.

"Anyways, how did you get Nightwatch to train you?" asked Sero.

"I don't know, I was on the beach where he came to me and deduced everything. I think he pitied me," said Kaminari a little sadly.

"Nope, he didn't," said Hawks.

"AAAH!" gasped everyone.

"Ha-" they started before he stopped them.

"Shut up, you don't need to tell everyone," he said.

"Why are you here? When did you get here?" asked Kaminari.

"Well, I am here because I was scouting when I saw you. As for when, well just a few seconds ago," he replied, and they relaxed a little.

"Anyways, as I was saying, he saw a lot of untapped potential in you, like I am seeing in a person," he said, eyeing Tokoyami.

"He was anyways planning to recruit you. So don't shoot yourself down," said Hawks.

"Wow, thanks..." said Kaminari.

"Anyways I am off, it's my chance to patrol," he said as he then got up and left.