•8

*****

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. -Franklin D. Roosevelt

***************

"It still stands. When you decide to fall for me, I am marrying you at that moment." When I decided to fall as if he knows I am on the ledge.

"Chill, it's going to be a while. Enjoy the ride." His fingers start making circles on my stomach.

"You want to ride me?" He looks confused, I mean I do but not now.

"No." I laugh into his chest.

"Good because if we start again, we are not going anywhere tomorrow." True but he always takes so long to get ready.

"You better not make me late, tomorrow."

"Have I ever? What are you doing at the end of the school year?"

"Stay here and watch movies and eat until I become round, why?"

"You want to come to Miami with me? I'm visiting family."

"Uhm, I'm not doing anything so I guess that I can do that." He pulls me in closer.

*************************

"Girl, he is in love with you."

"Yeah and he wants me to meet his parents and I'm not sure about it but I have nothing better to do with my holiday so, I am going."

"Okay, girl. Enjoy the date as well."

"I hope it is nothing too extravagant."

"Girl, get used to it. It took some time for me to get used to Kevin's family wealth but you can do it."

"Yeah. I know I can. So Kevin is back in the country?"

"Yeah. He is here until we leave for Switzerland. I missed him so much."

"So is he coming next week on Wednesday?"

"Yep, is Israel coming?"

"Girl, let me not lie to you, I do not know. That man thinks he owns my house. "

"He owns you, so he does."

"Why are you siding with the truth, girl, lie with me." We laugh a little too loud for the other teachers.

"I'm sorry but I draw the line at lying to you." I love my best friend.

***********************

"This is stunning." We are on the rooftop of his restaurant in Sandton. There is a table that is lit by LEDs.

He pulls the chair for me.

"I had them prepare a meal for you, I hope you like it."

He had them prepare chicken stew. I love chicken stew.

"My grandmother was asking about you."

"What did you tell her?"

"That you are just some girl." I can not hide my reaction, some girl? "I'm kidding. You are the mother of my kids whether you like it or not."

"What if I decide to end this and get with Tyson?" His face changes, I love it when he gets possessive.

"Who do you belong to?" His face dares me to say otherwise.

"You." He does not look satisfied with the answer I gave him.

"Come here." I remove my napkin and I make my way to him. His hand is held out so I put my hand in his and he drags me to him. He puts me in his lap. "I asked you who you belong to, names baby girl."