Bonus Chapter 1

*Before Epilogue*

Christmas is a special time for any family and for ours, it is extra special because we get to see Israel for the first time in six months. His flight was delayed due to the snow, he was supposed to be here two days ago but his pilot was cleared to fly a few hours ago.

"Mama, can I have mango juice?" Mimi asks as I cook dinner, his flight left a few hours ago so he should be here soon. I hand her a juice box before focusing on the pots. "Thank you." She says before going to her playpen.

I renovated the kitchen recently, the brown was depressing, I needed something that reminded me of him. Grey.

Taking care of a five-year-old by myself is hard, I have nannies and that support is amazing but sometimes, I wish my husband was there, especially when I have my pregnancy cravings and everything.

We did not plan on falling pregnant but we do have tons of unprotected sex. We were worried for the first few months, and rightfully so, we lost two babies, I do not think we were going to survive another miscarriage but I am now eight months pregnant.

The doorbell rings and I hear Mia giggling
"Hey princess, how are you?"

"I'm good, did you get me something?"

"Yes, hugs." He covers her with his body while swaying her side to side.

"Hey, baby." He looks in my direction, extends his arm and asks for my hand. He entraps me in their hug. "I am cooking, I can't let my pots burn." He lets out a laugh before his grip loosens.

"How has your day been?"

"Great, just splendid, yours?" I add a few garlic flakes to the mince

"It was okay, how is the pregnancy going? How is your parasite doing?" During a hormone fuelled outburst, I called the baby a parasite who leeches off me, since then he refers to them as a parasite.

"Your parasite is good, making sure I am tired, hungry, agitated, horny, hungry and in pain."

"Pain?"

"More discomfort but it's okay, pregnant women all over the world do miraculous things, I can do this."

"You know, you can rest and you would still be as amazing as all other pregnant women. You get to enjoy having a full staff waiting on you, many people wish they could."

"Yeah, how have you settled into the village?"

"Good, the workers have handled the transition well."

"How is work?"

"They are slowly warming up to having me part of the pack."

"How are they about us?" He chuckles and raises his hand to scratch the back of his neck "Israel?"

"They are on the fence."

"On the fence? You mean they don't like me."

"Yes but fuck those guys, I love and adore you." my lips lift and show a smile to him

"You are lucky you are all I need."

We continue talking before I dish up for them. We are seated at the table when Mia gets off her chair to fetch juice from the fridge. She brings the entire jug back. I help her with it, she spilled some on the table.

"When does she start school?"

"She needs another learning disability test and then we will know which school is best for her."

"Okay, can you tell me two days before so I can fly down for her first day?"

"Yeah and I was thinking of getting her a tutor."