~That Day~

(3rd Person)

Today is finally the day, the day that the people of Phoenixium take on their fellow phoenalum in a war for their queen. A day that might take the lives of Queen Sabrina Grimm's loyal subjects, and that, that was an idea the young teenager loathed.

Sabrina had released her blue fire wings and walked toward the tree stump walking forward, hopping up, and gracefully floating downwards to land on the tree stump.

The girl flared her large wings out and waiting for her small make shift army to crowd in front of her waiting for their orders. 

"Today.." she sighed and looked at her little sister who gave her a reassuring smile and nod.

Sabrina sighed again and continued while fidgeting with her fingers. Probably not a very 'queenly' thing to do but she was nervous.

"Today you will fight for me, by now you should already know your roles and fellow comrads. I want to let you know, I do not want to force you. This is completely your choice. It will be dangerous and some of you may lose your lives today. If I make it out alive however, those who did not fight will NOT be considered traitors and will NOT receive any ill-will afterwards. You are free to make up your minds right now. No one will be forced to fight. If you do not choose to fight though I will ask that you be prepared to assist the injured, this is not a requirement." 

Sabrina finished her speech and hopped down from the stump she had been using to make announcements throughout the whole situation. As soon as the everafters feet hit the ground her blue fire phoenix wings faded away. 

Sabrina packed up all of the things she was taking into battle like everyone else was and she put on a belt with a sword sheathe. A month after her grandmother had died Snow White had come to see the emotionless Sabrina and the depressed munchkins. She had given each of them presents. Probably in attempt to cheer them up.

She had given Sabrina a sword. Usually this would be an odd gift for a 15-year-old girl but it was still Ferryport Landing.  A place filled with old fairy tale characters that technically shouldn't exist. A lot of things were 'odd.' 

The blade was a mixture of chromium and reinforced steal. The handle was probably also still but it was wrapped in think black leather. The sword itself was very well balanced and Sabrina would have to guess that usually it would cost a lot of many.

However between these abnormal neighbors she lived with being unusually rich and also being friends with the towns blacksmith meant it probably wasn't a big blow to the budget.

Puck had also gotten a sword but it was a sharpened wooden one instead of being made from any metals. The 'princess' knew the Grimm children well indeed.

Sabrina walked out of the tent and Pucks' eyes automatically widened. His girlfriend was wearing hard black leather armor with fingerless gloves that had a large curled metal spike. the back was mesh like material incase Sabrina wanted to use her Phoenalum wings it would break easy. Above and below the patch of mesh was straps the keeps the armor on if Sabrina did so choose to break the mesh. 

The girl wore matching black leather boots with two black metal spikes on the toe of each boot. Her sword was in its sheath the was held up by a belt around her waste and further down a knife was strapped in a holder to her lower leg. Her hair was in two braid that circled around and connected at the bottom, with a slight blue-grey hinge to it from when he pranked her almost a year ago.

 He had never seen her this physically dangerous, the everafter war mostly included magic and she had always been mostly just the brains. 

Sabrina saw Puck as soon as she walked out of the dark tent. He was in his normal oversized green hoodie with dirty jeans. His wooden sword in a holder on his belt and a knife holder also strapped against his hip. 

The fairy-boy also had an odd backpack of sorts that Sabrina assumed held his tricks, traps, and everything disgusting. Though the Grimm didn't like the idea of her boyfriend throwing nasty slime balls all over Phoenixium there wasn't much she could do about it. 

As she walked through the forest leading a large group of wary Phoenalum warriors she mentally went over the plan. The idea was to draw the outside guards back into the forest where there was traps and they weren't used to fighting while an 'elite' team goes inside the actual castle.

The 'elite' team consisted of Jake, Snow White (who took a few days of teaching to helps), Briar Rose-Grimm, Daphne, Bella, Toby, Mr. Seven, and Lady Morgan. Glint and a few other Phoenalum also joined.

Three other Phoenalum wished to join the 'elite' team, they had all been top of their class royal guards before this happened which was the only reason Sabrina agreed. The went by the names Pyro, Sunray, and Peril.

Mr. Canis and Charming stayed behind to help the forest troops, this was odd since they didn't tend to work well together. Sabrina was honestly worried about Mr. Canis, ever since he lost 'the wolf,' he had been a lot weaker. She reckoned the only reason he hadn't died of old age yet is because is he is still technically an everafter.

This didn't mean he couldn't die in battle though. Sabrina shook herself  with a sigh and looked over her shoulder at the 'elites' who were immediately behind her with the rest of the warriors behind them. The queen knew she couldn't be worrying about things like that at the moment so she did her best to push it out of her mind.

Up ahead light shimmered through the branches in a blindingly bright passion. The Grimm hadn't been out in the direct sun for quite a few days and the rest of the phoenalum even longer then her.

Luckily they hadn't encountered any rebel phoenalum soldiers yet but what the girl wasn't sure of was if that was about to change as soon as they made it through the trees or not.