Wedding Vows

Author's Note: Hey everyone! I hope you are all enjoying this book. It would mean a lot to me if you guys and gals checked out my other book called "Vampires, Eh?". It is not finished but there are 36 chapters and I update pretty frequently.  Thanks! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not have the energy to scream and fight as Noah walked me up to Gabe. I had to keep reminding myself that this is not a real wedding. This was just ceremonial for them.

I tried my best not to stumble on the lace that was pooling at my feet. Gabe held out his hand. Noah grabbed my wrist and forced my hand into Gabe's. I looked behind me to see Jenny was staring at us with her hands clasped in front of her chest. Her eyes glistened with tears. Noah cleared his throat to get my attention.

"Lindsay, we are glad to officially make you part of our family," Noah said. "We are bringing you into a life of safety and protection. You will be free from the horrors of the outside world. In exchange for your safety, you will serve this family."

I swallowed to try and ease the nausea that was overtaking my stomach. I felt like I could bend over and vomit all of the contents of my stomach onto the floor. I knew if I did, there would be a punishment waiting for me.

"Gabe will always take care of you," Noah said. "He will protect and love you."

Gabe's hand tightened in mine. I sucked in a deep breath to stop my head from spinning. This was some odd nightmare I was living in.

"He will love you, and you will love him," Noah said. "What do you say, Lindsay?"

What did I say? I say that this is sick and disgusting. I say that this is the worst thing they have done yet. I say that I want to go back in time and make different decisions, like never coming into this house.

"I want to go home," I said.

"And you are home," Noah said. "We have brought you home. Now, you two are brought together in marriage. Gabe, you may kiss your beautiful bride."

Gabe pulled me closer to him. He put his other hand on the back of my head and forced his lips onto mine. He tried to deepen the kiss, but I kept pulling my head back. Knowing that his family is watching me made this kiss even more uncomfortable. It felt like forever before Gabe pulled away.

Jenny clapped her hands in a cheer. She ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me. She let out a little squeal.

"I'm so excited," she said. "I have waited so long to have a daughter. Welcome to the family, Lindsay."

Those words made me shiver.

Dylan grabbed a book off of the shelf packed tight with novels. He flipped through the pages before running upstairs. Taylor grabbed a pack of cards off of the table. They watched me just be forced to get married like it was a completely normal event.

"Want to play a game, Dad?" Taylor asked Noah.

"Yes, I will be there in a minute," he said. "Gabe, do you need any help bringing her upstairs?"

"I think I got it," Gabe said.

Gabe bent down and scooped me up into his arms. He held me like how any normal man would hold his bride. I pushed his chest and kicked my legs to get down.

"Let go of me!" I cried.

"In a minute," he said.

He walked forward with me in his arms. My attempts to get free were futile. He carried me up the stairs and into his room. He placed me down on the bed. I chewed on my bottom lip as I watched him loosen his tie.

"You know," he said, "you look really beautiful in that dress."

He pulled his tie off, slid the suspenders off of his shoulders, and began undoing the buttons to his shirt. He was taking off his clothes. He was soon going to come over here and force himself on me again. The worst part was that I was not going to be unconscious this time. I was going to be wide awake and know exactly what he was doing to me.

Gabe pulled off his shirt. My eyes locked onto his chest. There was a key dangling from a chain around his neck. This must be the key that opens the doors. They carried them around on them so that I could not steal it.

Gabe smirked. He must have thought that I was checking him out. He kneeled on the bed and leaned forward. He grabbed my chin and I swatted his hand away. His smirk turned into a scowl as he grabbed my face.

"Don't be ashamed," he said. "We are married now."

"I am not your wife," I said.

Gabe let go of my face and slapped me on the cheek. It was not hard enough to punish me, but it was hard enough to cause my cheek to tingle. He smiled and leaned in closer.

"You are so cute," he said. "You will soon see that this is where you belong."

"I don't belong here," I said. "I belong home with my family."

"Your birth family," he corrected me.

His jaw hardened and he narrowed his eyes. Jenny said to never mention my family around Gabe. He said that it would make him mad. I couldn't have him mad. If he was mad he was going to punish me. If I pretended to go along with what they wanted I could gain their trust. Once I have their trust I could get out of here.

"I'm so sorry," I said. Gabe raised an eyebrow. He was clearly not prepared to hear me apologize. "I meant to say my birth family."

"Good girl," he said.

He leaned in and kissed me before getting up off of the bed. He started to remove the rest of his clothes. I dropped my gaze down to my hands.

"Take your dress off," he told me.

My eyes were wide as I looked up at him. I was going to try and gain their trust, but I was not going to let Gabe assault me. There was no way I was just going to lie down and let this murderer do whatever he wanted to my body.

"Can I have some pajamas or something?" I asked.

"Why would you need those?" he asked. "I was planning on sleeping together naked."

My face paled. I knew what his plan was, but hearing it out loud made me sick to my stomach.

"I don't like sleeping naked," I said.

"Well, we won't be doing much sleeping," he said with a wink.

I gagged and covered my mouth with my hand. I got up and hurried toward the door. I had to throw up. Gabe grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back down onto the bed. He kneeled on the floor in front of me.

"I'm going to be sick," I said.

"Take a deep breath," Gabe said.

"I'm going to vomit."

"No, you're not. You need to take a deep breath."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in through my nose. I did this a few times and it did ease the nausea that was overtaking my stomach.

"Good girl," Gabe said.

He kissed my temple. His hand snaked around my back and reached for the zipper to my dress. My eyes flew open and I shoved him back. He was not prepared for my quick reaction and I was able to push him off of me. I went to stand up, but Gabe was kneeling on my dress and pinning me to my spot.

He pushed me back onto the bed and climbed on top of me. The key was hanging down and brushing against my chest. I grabbed it and tried to rip it off of his neck hoping that the chain would break. The key tore into my hand as I pulled as hard as I could. Gabe grabbed my wrist with one hand and pried my fingers open with his other hand.

Gabe freed the key from my hand. Blood dripped down on the dress from my bleeding hand. Gabe sighed and shook his head.

"You're ruining the dress," he said. "We are going to need it for our son's wedding."

I screamed as Gabe held my wrists against the bed and unzipped the dress. I tried kicking him, but he pinned me down.

He held my hands down as he forced himself on me so that I could not reach for the key again.