The Basement

"What is going on?" Noah asked.

Gabe grabbed my wrists so that I would stop punching him. He let out a deep breath and looked over his shoulder at Noah.

"She tried to kill me," Gabe said.

"Kill you?" Noah asked. "How did she try to do that?"

"She tried to suffocate me with a pillow."

The corner of Noah's lips twitched into a smirk. I tried to yank my hands free from Gabe's grasp.

"I didn't know you had that in you, Lindsay," Noah said.

"Fuck off!" I yelled.

Gabe twisted my wrist at an odd angle. I screamed as the pain shot down my arm to my elbow.

More doors opened and I could see Taylor and Dylan standing behind Noah. I gritted my teeth as I tried to free my hand again. Noah ran his fingers through his hair. He looked at me and then over at his younger sons.

"I guess this is a good learning opportunity," Noah said. "I have never had the chance to show you how to discipline your girl."

My heart pounded. I was in big trouble. Noah was going to make a spectacle out of punishing me. I had to get out from underneath Gabe. I thrashed my body from side-to-side as I tried to push him off.

"Dylan and Taylor," Noah said, "come downstairs into the basement with me. Gabe bring Lindsay down in a couple of minutes."

"Will do," Gabe said.

Noah stepped around us and went down the stairs. Taylor and Dylan followed behind him. I was panting for breath as I fought against Gabe's hold. I needed to get into the kitchen and grab a knife to protect myself. Gabe was much larger than me and I could not get out from underneath him.

"Lindsay, calm down," he said.

"No!" I screamed. "You're going to kill me."

"We would never kill you."

"You killed all of my friends." The tears started streaming down my cheeks. "You are going to kill me."

"Hey, ssshhh," Gabe tried to comfort me.

He let go of my wrist with one hand and placed his finger against my lips. I pushed against his chest with my free hand. He leaned down closer to me.

"We are going to teach you a lesson," he said. "We are not going to hurt you."

A door creaked. I blinked to try and clear my blurry vision. Jenny was walking up to us as she tightened a robe around herself. She dug the heel of her hand into her eye.

"What is going on?" she asked.

"Go back to bed, Mom," Gabe said.

"Is everything okay?"

"Mom!"

Gabe looked over his shoulder. Jenny's jaw dropped open. She looked like she was about to say something, but she knew better than to. She closed her mouth, turned and walked back into the bedroom.

"Let's go, sweetheart," Gabe said.

He got up onto his feet. He kept a hold of me and pulled me up. I shook my head as the tears returned.

"Please," I cried. "Please, don't do this."

"We have to," he said.

I went to get onto my knees to start begging, but Gabe stopped me. He pulled me close and pressed his lips against mine.