You're a Wilcox

Gabe made me get out of bed with him when his alarm went off. I struggled to sleep throughout the night. The sound of my daughter's cries rang through my ears. I could barely see her because of how Gabe held her small body in his hands, and also because of my blurry vision from my tears. I had no idea what my daughter looked like. I wondered if she resembled me or Gabe. These thoughts made it difficult to sleep.

My bones ached and my muscles felt heavy when I dragged my feet down to the kitchen. Jenny insisted that I sit down and not help with breakfast. I kept my gaze down on the table as the family talked amongst themselves. I did not look up until Gabe put some eggs on my plate.

"You need to eat," he said.

"I'm not hungry," I said.

"That's not an option."

I let out a deep breath and picked up my fork. I pushed my food around the plate. My chest tightened as my heart ached. I squeezed my eyes shut to stop myself from crying. I jumped when Gabe put his hand on my back.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Can we go back out to the grave?" I asked.

"Maybe later," he said.

I looked up at him with glossy eyes. I was afraid to blink and cry in front of the family.

"Please," I said. "I need to go."

"I have more important things I have to do today," he said.

I threw my fork down on the plate. My chair screeched across the floor as I stood. Gabe snatched my wrists as I tried to walk out of the dining room.

I needed to go out and see my baby girl. They left the door unlock now. I did not need any of them to show me where to find the graveyard.

"Where are you going?" Gabe asked.

I ripped my hand out of his grip. I rushed over to the kitchen door. I grabbed the handle, but it did not turn.

They locked the door again.

I let out a cry as I slammed my hand into the door. I furiously turned the knob, but it did not budge. They have trapped me in here again.

"Lindsay, calm down," Gabe said.

I turned and wiped the tears off of my face. Gabe was standing with his arms crossed over his chest. Noah was casually strolling up behind him with his hands behind his back. My chest was heaving as I breathed heavily.

"I need to go outside," I said.

"That is not going to happen," he said. "Now, go upstairs."

"No!"

Gabe raised a brow. I turned back around and tried to open the door again, but it was pointless.

"Lindsay, you are not listening to me," Gabe said.

I screamed as I banged my fist on the door.

"Linds, you better stop," Gabe said.

"No!" I cried out. "I want out!"

Gabe let out a huff of breath and raked his fingers through his hair. He stepped toward me and grabbed my elbow. I pushed him off and kicked the door.

"I'm going to have to punish you," he said.

"Go to hell!" I screamed.

"Excuse me?"

I spun back around. Gabe was scowling.

This was the man that killed my daughter. He killed our daughter. He was a monster.