EIGHT

W A R N I N G ! ! !

SLOW UPDATE

TYPOGRAPHICAL MISTAKES AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AHEAD.
(English is not my primary language.)

AUTHOR'SNOTE:
I DO NOT OWN ANY NAMES, CHARACTERS, IMAGES, EVENTS AND PLACES THAT ARE MENTIONED AND USED IN THIS STORY. 

THIS IS PURELY A PRODUCT OF THE AUTHOR'S IMAGINATION.

••●●●○●●●•• 

_EIGHT

Yi Ling narrated everything to her son, while the others kept their silence as they also were intrigued and curious.  They were all shocked, all this time all they know is Iris has lost her son and that’s the reason why her husband left. 

All this time, their boss – Iris, endured everything by herself. Her husband blamed her for losing their child. 

On the other hand, it was a blow on Yi Zhou after knowing his wife was a Mafia heiress and he being a uniformed official can’t stand it. They would always get caught in a heated argument regarding that matter. 

Yi Zhou tried to persuade his wife to turn her father to the cops but Yi Ling didn’t agree. She stands on her ground and stays by her father’s side until the day her father passed away due to heart failure. At that time Xiao Zhan was only fifteen. Yi Ling wasn’t aware about  it but the former leader was all aware about Xiao Zhan’s existence and he never missed every birthday and special events in Xiao Zhan’s life. 

Yi Ling only knows about it two years after her father passed away. She was arranging his belongings when she noticed a vault inside his closet.  But unfortunately  it has a passcode and for a month Yi Ling failed to open the vault as her father never mentioned anything about it. Then she remembered,  every year her father went for a vacation every first week of October.  It was just a wishful thinking, she tried pressing the numbers 1005 and to her surprise, the vault opened. And there she saw, recorded videos of her son, his first birthday,  his first day at preschool,  his first day at grade school even his circumcision day. She was laughing while tears are rolling down her cheeks.  

Yi Ling felt regretful,  her father passed away not spending time with his grandson only watching him from afar. 

Mr. Gu was not just a leader of the Mafia but he is also a very successful businessman. And because of his growing business and keeps growing, he also gained a few enemies, including some of his own relatives. He was envied to the point they tried to plot something against him. They tried to dirty his name, getting his name involved in some malicious activity  but to their disappointment,  their plan was put in the pit.  

But they didn’t stop from there, they even plotted for his death thinking that they will have a piece of his wealth if he dies. But again failed as one day, he brought Yi Ling at the mansion and introduced her as his only child and heiress. Mr. Gu never really had a peaceful life just because of his greedy relatives. Later on, half of his wealth was donated to different charities, prior to his wishes.

But the greed didn't end there. They tried to harm Yi Ling. The threats in her life increased especially when they found out she was pregnant and the baby she was carrying was a boy. 

They tried to make her lose the child, luckily every plan they laid out were thwarted. 

Yi Ling was well aware about it and all this time she was just trying to be calm as she can't stress herself or the baby will suffer. She just got lucky that she already gave birth earlier than the date given, a few days before the accident happened.