TWENTY-NINE

TWENTY-NINE 

3RD PERSON’S POV 

The party went well according to Xiao Zhan’s plan. And they constantly throw secret glances. Of course, Zhan already has a man monitoring his fake Uncle’s movement, everything. From his Uncle constantly his phone to the way his lips irked up forming an ugly smirk thinking he got everything under his control. Xiao Zhan smirked.

Yes, Uncle, savor this moment. Coz this’ll be your last. He thought. 

“May I ask this wonderful woman in the world for a dance?” Yi Zhou stood up from his seat and extended his hands to his wife but he received a sharp glare from his wife as a response. 

“Don’t let Dad down, Mom.” Zhan chuckled.

It’s not that Yi Ling doesn’t know how to dance or doesn’t want to. It’s just that most of the time her mood gets so unpredictable lately. And it’s probably because of her pregnancy.

That thought made Yi Ling look back at her son who happily continued gobbling his food. 

“My dear, what is it?” 

“Huh...?”

“You’ve been staring at our eldest for quite a while now.” Yi Zhou said softly as he put his left hand on his wife’s waist. 

“Ohh... am I?”

“Yeah... Is there something troubling you?” Yi Zhou asked as their bodies began to sway in rhyme of the music.

“No, no, it’s nothing. Maybe I just still couldn’t believe it. That our son is here and you’re also here with us.” Yi Ling smiled and brushed off the thoughts that’s lingering in her mind. “Our son grew up so fine.” She smiles as she looks at their son very fondly. Indeed this must’ve been the best birthday gift she ever received. A complete family. 

The couple were just simply having their moments but were being interrupted by a loud ‘thud' sound followed by clattering sounds of broken glasses. Everyone was so confused and some started to panic as the guests started to collapse one after another. But their attention is suddenly grabbed by Mr. Gu who just simply walks right to the center while grinning widely. 

“Now, the real fun begins.” He announces. “Thank you so much for inviting me on this special day, my dear cousin. But I’m afraid this’ll be the last.”

“What is the meaning of this?” Yi Ling asked. 

Yi Ling felt her husband’s hands on her back gently caressing her like he was telling her to stay calm. Well, trying to. Ever since her good-for-nothing cousin of hers had arrived she’s been trying hard to calm herself down.  And the worst is she feels her stomach churning up every time she sees that ugly face.

“What else could it be?” Mr. Gu smirked. “For years I have been planning how to take you down. For years I have been planning how to destroy you but I always ended up failing. But now... now is the perfect time for me. This is my lucky day.  Now, all I want you to do is make a will and you transfer everything to my name.” He laughs maniacally before turning towards where Zhan was seated. 

“Oh, and don’t worry about your adopted daughter. I’ll definitely take good care of her since she's my liking.”

Mr. Gu stated with such a malicious gaze that sent chills all over Zhan’s body. He stared back at his evil Uncle with such cold eyes. In his mind he’s been butchering the old man to death. 

“Do you think you can get away from this?” It was Yi Zhou. “I had my men surround this ship.”

“Oh... your men? Haha! What men? Do you mean those men that my men had already dispatched?  Hahaha! Do you really think I came here unprepared? And you, my dear cousin, if only you had just died in that car accident you wouldn’t have had to experience dying for the second time around. Such a pity. Though you lost your son so.. it’s still a win for me. Hahahaha!” 

“So it was really you.” Yi Ling clenches her jaw and grits her teeth. Though she had suspicions, hearing everything from the man’s filthy mouth brings back all the pain they had suffered. 

“Haha! You're all gonna die anyways so might as well know that so you could rest in peace and meet your son in the afterlife.”

*thud*

Zhan slams his hand on the table really hard causing a loud thud sound. Then he sighs disappointedly. 

“And here I thought this could be really entertaining.” He stated as he kept staring at his Uncle with a cold look. “Hey, ugly-old-fat man, do you really think you’d really get out of here unscathed? That you’d really get away after messing with my family?” 

“W-what's h-happening?” Mr. Gu confusedly asked. He’s been so fixated that he didn’t even notice all the guests were gone already. How's that even possible? He knew they'd all been drugged already. Then he turns towards Yi ling and Yi  Zhou and by this time they’re supposed to be losing their consciousness by now. But no traces of being drugged can be seen on them. 

Someone had sabotaged his plans! 

“You can’t do anything to me. Coz if you do, you’ll all be going to die! Remember I have my men take over this entire ship! Hahaha. You think you can fool me?”

“Your men? Take over? Look around Uncle.”

Xiao Zhan’s grin became wider after seeing the realization hit his so-called Uncle. His cocky expression changed into panic. His eyes can’t even focus. 

“Uncle, oh my, oh my, did you really think we would really put our guard down just like that? I’m pretty sure you know very well about my Mom’s underground organization. Honestly   you did not think that it’s really easy to infiltrate, aren’t you? Now, Uncle, look closely and see for yourself that all of this that you greedily wanted will never fall in your hands.”

“Oh, and do you think if you kill my mother this will all go to you? NO. NEVER, Uncle. Even if you succeed in killing my mother it still wouldn’t happen that everything will go to you. You’re just her cousin and I am.her.son.”

“W-what? S-son? W-what a-are you t-talking about? Yi Ling's son died years ago. You’re talking  nonsense! And you’re not a woman?”  The old man stutters as he keeps on scanning Xiao Zhan’s appearance.  

“I’m Xiao Zhan, the child you thought was dead. My mom is smart, right? She made you----everyone believe I was dead. But the truth is, she already gave birth to me days before the accident. 

 too bad I’m not that glad to meet you, Uncle. Men, take him away and lock him up. And make sure he’ll be very comfortable.” 

“Are you alright,  Mommy?” Zhan went to his mother’s side after their men took Mr. Gu away. 

“How could he do this to me—to us? Why does it have to end like this? Grandfather and Dad treated him like a real family. Why does he have to be like this?”  Yi Ling sobs in her husband’s arms. 

“Hush now. It’s not good for the baby. It’s not anybody's fault that he ended up in this situation. He chose it himself.” 

“Right, Mommy. Listen to Dad. Don’t cry, Mommy. Don’t waste your tears on people like him.” 

“You! You deceived me! Do you think I’ll let you live happily ever after? No! You’re coming to hell with me!!” 

*BANG!*

Uwu it's a bit lame 😞 

Final chapter maybe after a week (hope so)