TWENTY-FOUR

_TWENTY-FOUR

3RD PERSON’S POV 

After having dinner, the family of three—which soon to be four or so, who knows?---decided to have some tea in the mini garden at the back of the mansion. Their way to bond more. 

Wang Yibo and the rest didn’t join them even though Yi Zhou asked them, they politely rejected it. Well some of them didn’t say a word or were trying to hide it but Wang Yibo knows his team felt a little awkward around the general. 

Who wouldn’t, right? He's not just an ordinary husband. He is their leader’s husband and the general himself. 

And one of the reasons is that they are working on their new mission. And it has something to do with the General’s line of work. They were investigating some of the officials. Though they’re not planning to keep it from him as they’ll eventually tell him if they had gathered enough proof and solid evidence. But for now, they had to keep it hidden. They still don't know who can be and can’t be trusted amongst his men.

“So  Mommy, when did you and Daddy got back together?” Zhan asked his mother in a teasing way.

“A while.” 

“Hmm… that long… come to think of if. You were always out on a business trip… don’t tell me…” Zhan faked a gasp. 

Yi Ling crumpled a tissue paper and threw it to her son. 

“Hahaha! Hahaha! Your face is red  Mommy!”

“Xiao Zhan!” Yi Ling hissed but it seems her son is enjoying himself teasing his mom.

“What are you doing? Aren’t you going to make your son stop?” Yi Ling retorts to her husband followed by a crisp sound of a slap.

“Ouch! Dear, why did you slap me?” Due to the sudden surprise, Yi Zhou unconsciously raised his voice. 

“Are you raising your voice on me, Xiao Yi Zhou?!”

“Aww, aww, dear. Sorry, sorry. I didn’t mean it. I just got startled because you slapped me all of a sudden.”

Xiao Zhan was silently giggling on his seat as he watched his parents bicker. He’s finding his mother looks really pretty and glowing, especially now that she is pregnant. 

“And you're blaming me? Huh…”

“No, no. It’s my fault, dear.”

“Aiyyaa, Mommy. Don’t get mad. I don’t want my baby brother to come out into this world who seems to have been conceived out of a grudge or something.” Xiao Zhan lowered his head as he tried to keep himself from laughing when his mom threw him a sharp glance. 

“Ahuh! So you guys are pairing up against me now, huh. You, you, you! You want me to beat you up?” 

“Hm, I think I wanna get beaten in some other way.” Yi Zhou winked at his wife that made her face redder.

“Eeww! Dad! Too much information! Please! Not in front of me.” Xiao Zhan gave his father a disgusted look.

“What? You think I wouldn’t know you’ve done it already?”

Xiao Zhan felt heat suddenly rushing through his face. He couldn’t retort to his father. He felt like he'd been caught red-handed. Everything went quiet. Suddenly the atmosphere changed. He felt like he was thrown directly at a hot seat. 

“Err…” 😶 

Xiao Zhan looked down and when he looked up to face his father he was already on the verge of crying.