TWENTY-EIGHT

_TWENTY-EIGHT

3RD PERSON’S P.O.V

“Mom, you look so pretty. The prettiest in the whole wide world. Dad will probably fall in love with you even more.” Xiao Zhan exclaimed while beaming and stared at his mother proudly. His eyes are shining while he smiles so widely.

“Baby, you’re flattering me way too much.” Yi Ling responded in a complaining tone but her eyes showed differently. 

“I love you, Mommy. I love you both. I’m so happy that finally we’re together as a complete family. This is what I always dreamt of. Unfortunately Mama Mylene is not here with us anymore. But, I know she’s happy wherever she is right now. Seeing us like this. I hope this moment would last for long, long time.” Xiao Zhan stated emotionally.

Xiao Zhan doesn’t know himself too but he gets so emotional right at that moment. He doesn’t know where the thoughts came from, but he really thought he needed to say what’s on his mind as he’s afraid he might not be able to do it. He doesn’t know why he feels that way. He feels so nervous. And that’s not because of the party but something else. 

Xiao Zhan tried his best to keep his calm expressions. He doesn't want his mom to feel or notice that he’s been anxious. And as the time goes by, the party will start very soon, the more he’s nervous.

Or maybe because this would be the first time that he’ll be attending such a party for such a long time. The last time he attended a party was way back when his best friend turned eighteen. 

I wish you’re still here, Rhi. You and Mama. How I wished you’re both still here.   Xiao Zhan silently wipes his tears away.

“Are you crying?” Yi Ling asked worriedly. 

“I’m sorry, Mommy. I know I shouldn’t feel like this especially now that it’s your special day. I just couldn’t help it. It still hurts me every time Rhi and Mama come into my mind. It still hurts me, Mom.” 

“Oh, my baby!” Yi Ling turned around to face her son and pulled Zhan in a tight hug. 

“Sorry, Mommy. Opps, I think I ruined your  makeup a little bit.” Xiao Zhan changes the topic. “But you still look so pretty, Mommy.” 

“Of course.” They both looked at each other then laughed. 

The very scene that welcomed Yi Zhou the moment he entered the cabin. The scene that made his heart melt. The scene that he only dreamed and imagined before. And now, he can’t explain how happy he is seeing his dreams become reality and his wishes for the past years came true. 

Yi Zhou walks towards his wife with a soft and loving gaze.

“Sweetheart, you look so pretty. Just as pretty as when I first met you.” He whispers  after planting soft kisses on her head and wraps his arms around her waist not minding that they're in front of their son. His actions made his wife in his arms go red. To add it up, Xiao Zhan gives his mother a teasing look while wiggling his eyebrows. 

Few minutes later, the captain of the ship announces that they’re starting to maneuver the ship and will sail for a few minutes. Followed by the standard operation procedure, giving instructions and what to do if something happens, etc. 

After a while, they heard someone knock at the door before it slowly opened revealing one of the staff, which is of course from their own men. 

“Iris, the guests have arrived. Mr. Gu is here already too.” 

“Let’s welcome our guests then, shall we?” Yi Zhou extended his left arm in front of his wife, offering his hand. 

Yi Ling smiled before reaching for her husband’s hand. And they walked side by side while Xiao Zhan followed closely behind and gave the guy a small nod before the latter bows his head and walks behind Xiao Zhan.