TWENTY-FIVE

_TWENTY-FIVE

WANG YIBO’S POV 

Zhan jumps off the sofa and runs towards me. Now that I see him this close, I can clearly see his face stained with tears. Until now it still puzzles me why Zhan changes his mood so quickly and how fast and easy he cried. Even the smallest thing makes him cry, for example, his noodles aren't spicy or his coffee is too hot. But won’t get even angrier if his coffee is too cold. Every morning is a disaster at the dining table. 

It’s not that I’m complaining. It’s just that I find it alarming? I don’t know. Sometimes I think he’s having a problem controlling his emotions that’s why he's venting it to something else. 

But everything I asked him if he’s not feeling okay, he would just glare at me. Complaining I’m too annoying ‘coz I kept asking him about it again and again. And I never dared to ask him again ‘coz the last time I did, he didn’t talk and even look at me for 1 day! And that’s the scariest thing that happened in my life. 

1 day? I don’t even know what to do if he won’t talk to me for an hour. What more 24 hours? It almost made me lose my mind.

“Where have you been?” His question pulled me back from my thoughts. He’s not crying anymore but I can still hear some faint sniffles. 

I reached his face and wiped away those tears that stained his face before answering,  “We just had a meeting.”

Zhan closes his eyes when I rub my thumb on his cheek to his ear. He even leaned his head on my shoulder. 

“Yibo… I’m hungry…”

“Huh? But we just had our dinner not even an hour ago.”

Zhan straightened his back and looked at me sharply. 

Yup. This is one for those instances that he’ll just burst out of the blue. And now I regret voicing out the thoughts inside my head. I shouldn’t have said that.

“Go away! I hate you! Uwuwu…” just like that. Boom.

I watched Zhan stomping on his feet as he walked away, leaving me astounded.

It took me a few more seconds before getting a grip of myself and following Zhan.

“Bad! Bad! Bad Yibo! Grrr! From now on he looks ugly to me!”

I can clearly hear Zhan’s growling. 

“Hey, Zhan, what's u—p?” Zhan didn’t even bother to even a side-glance at Zhou Cheng whom he met near the stairs. 

“Don’t talk to me! Nobody talks to me!”

*sniff* *sniff*

“What’s going on here?” It was the general. He and Iris just came in. And Zhan instead of going upstairs, he turned left and ran towards his Dad.

“Daddy! Uwuwu… Yibo is bad… he’s ugly! He’s bullying me…!!!”

What? When did I do that?

I saw how Iris flipped her head towards me then gave me this ‘are-you-seeking-death' look.

“I did not allow you to make our baby cry, young man.” The general said in his stern voice.

“I didn’t do anything. Really.” I said helplessly.  “Iris, you know I can’t do that to Zhan. We’ll talk this through, don’t strain yourself on this. General please, just take Iris so she could rest also.”

“No! I don’t want to talk to you! You’re ugly! Ugly! Uglyyyy…!!!” And there he goes again.

Zhan gallops his way towards upstairs ignoring his mother’s call. I didn’t waste any seconds and ran after him.