30. Kidnapped?!

WARNING:- NOT PROOFREAD

"I'm gonna do it today," Avni said with a finality in her voice. Avni and Parth had been sitting in her cabin and thinking what to do next as nothing is going to happen unless they lit the fire. 

So both of them had finally come to a plan to make it happen and Avni is not one among the people who listen to others but does what she pleases. That's what made the finality come to her voice. 

"Neil hasn't come yet?" Avni questioned while Parth nodded his head left to right. "Strange!" She muttered under her breath and busied herself in the work. 

After an hour or so, Maya made her way towards Avni's office and knocked on her cabin door. 

"Come in!" Avni screamed, with a pen between her lips. 

"Avni..." Maya's glowing face didn't send any good vibes to Avni. Hiding her frown, she glanced at Parth who's drilling holes on Maya's body, chuckled to herself. 

Confused, Maya looked behind to see Parth feigning to do his work where in reality, Maya knew it all and can calculate what he was doing when she came in. 

Nevertheless, shrugging all of that, she seated across Avni who made an effort to hide her smile. 

"Hey, Avni!" Maya smiled at her. 

"Hi, Maya!" Avni chose to play along. 

"Take a break ya! You both have been working nonstop. Humans need rest." Maya exclaimed, glancing Parth in between and turning her gaze towards Avni again.

"So sweet that you think about us, Maya. But, see, someone has to work hard na, if many out there just intrude our lives and try to stop us from doing what it takes us to make this company!" An unknown chuckle escaped Parth while Avni thinned her lips, trying not to laugh. 

"Let it be. By the way, you here? Need something?" Avni questioned. 

Maya tried to hold that smile of hers to her face in front of them. "Um, nothing. Just came to check on you both. Working day and Night and none at the home to take care of, must be tough  for you both na?" Maya pulled the last nail in the coffin and it took them to snap their heads at her. 

Unknown to her, Avni's hand formed a fist and her facial muscles tightened and her face became red with anger. Parth kept looking at Maya, shocked and angered. But, before he kill her mentally, he averted his gaze to Avni. 

"No no! Ayu, control!" Parth prayed mentally while staring at Avni who is looking at Maya. 

"It would be very much tough, right, for anybody. To grow up without parents. Right, Parth?" Maya turned around to have a look at him. 

Parth cleared his throat before answering her. "Yeah, of course!" He tried to fake a smile at her. 

"What happened to you? You said you're an orphan right! I mean both of you. Then, you're looking like I've said something very wrong and your parents are alive?" Maya said feigning an innocent face. 

Avni squinted her eyes at Maya, shooting daggers her way. "Yeah... Yes, Maya, there's nothing wrong with what you have said." Parth said taking the situation into his hands before it goes out of control. 

"Maya, you know what? We have a lot of work and as it's lunch break and we have to get back to work again, will you please, excuse us?" Saying so, Parth didn't even wait for Maya to nod her head or let her finish what she was about to say. 

He moved towards Avni and took her along with him out of the cabin and slammed the door shut. Avni looked at him and averted her gaze sniffing back.

"Ayu..." Parth stopped whatever he was saying seeing her take her mobile out and message someone. 

"It's time." She said and walked off to the café on the same floor of the office. After an hour or so, she got the message she's most awaited. 

She replied with an okay while Parth's eyes searched for something in Avni's face. 

"What time is it?" He asked not glancing at her.

"It's three and we are gonna go somewhere after office." She replied with the same demeanor. 

Parth kind of nodded his head and didn't bother her again.

6:13 PM At Office

Avni and Parth wrapped up their work and walked out of the office only to come across the one and only Neil Khanna, walking towards them.

"Ugh..." Avni groaned slightly. "Not now." She muttered under her breath as both she and Parth started walking.

"Hey, Avni." Neil snickered. Avni forced a smile while Parth rolled his eyes.

"Hey, Neil. Didn't expect you at this hour? I mean it's closing time, isn't it?" Parth spoke for Avni.

"Nothing. In search of Maya. And..." "Oh, carry on, soon-to-be-married couple. We're anyways leaving. Bye." Avni said in her toning her sassiness.

Before Neil could react she stepped towards the elevator and Parth meekly followed her.

"Bye..." Neil murmured.

Somewhere outside Mumbai City, A Guest House

"What the hell. Kon hai? Kya majaak sooj raha hai? Tamasha khada kar dia mera? What are you thinking of yourself, huh? Who do you think I am? Maya Jai Singh. Writer hu main. Just talk, anybody?" Maya kept screaming on top of her lungs for half an hour since the people who has kidnapped her took out the cloth that was tied to her mouth.

But no reply has come out of anyone who's standing at the doorway of the small room.

"Madam!" Maya heard a guy's voice. She thought he's talking to her.

"Arrey, aap jaante hai mereko? The off this blindfold and let me go. You might have thought I was someone. Main..." "Aye chup." Another voice came in with a high pitch which suggested Maya shut up for the day.

"Madam will come in 10 minutes." The first guy muttered into the second guy's ear.

"Ooh... This is the exact picture I had in mind while I was coming here." Avni said as she continued taking off the blindfold. 

Maya opened her eyes wide as she recognized the owner of the voice.

"Avni..." Maya gaped. 

"Maya Jai Singh! Surprise surprise... how do you like it?" Avni smirked through her eyes.

Hey, my lovely people. I know after a long time but, pardon me. Please. Hope you've enjoyed this.