23. The Very Same Day

WARNING:- NOT PROOFREAD

"Maya?" Neil snapped his head at the entity, who just barged into his room, without making any noise, except the sound of stilettos. 

The faded smirk turned out as a faint smile, on Maya's face, as Neil's eyes landed on her. 

"Hi!" She whispered while Neil stared at her. 

"Hi! I was about to come to you only!" He said with a blank face and messy mind. 

A small smile etched on Maya's features. Not knowing what to say, she stood still, clutching her purse tightly in her hands. 

"Maya!" Neil called her hesitated, fidgeting with his shirt's button. Maya tilted her neck at Neil from his Diary on the bed. 

"I'm very very Sorry, Maya! I just don't know what happened to me last night. I was not in a frame of mind." He said, as he stepped forward towards Maya, who stood, suppressing the urge to break into a huge grin.

Taking her both hands in his, he stood staring at her, boring into her eyes. Her palms went cold at his touch. 

"I behaved like a maniac, no?" He asked her, while she nodded her head in No. 

"Worse than that!" Both of them broke into laughter.  

"Thank god, you are now okay! Otherwise, I would've called for an Ambulance, and a Therapist for your madness!" Maya said, breaking into a chuckle, as she hit Neil's forehead with her fist. 

A minute passed, by him staring at her in silence. She lifted her brows at him to which he shook his head.  

"How could you do this, Maya?" He whispered in wonder. She stared confused and scared at his blank face. 

What now? Is it all a game or what, Neil? Maya thought as creases lined her forehead. 

"Neil..." "Yes!" He cut her across. "I mean, I've vent it out all of my anger and all, on you, who don't deserve at all! And, you, you just all fine with me? How can you shrugged it off and be the same with me?" 

Neil wondered at his best friend. Caressing his cheek with her hand, she smiled at him. 

"Cause, you're my best friend, na!" She blinked her cute eyes at him, which is enough to flatter a guy like Neil, who believes everything his loved ones say.

"Enough of it now, let's go!" She said, dragging him out of his room. 

"But where?" Neil screamed, shoving his phone in his pocket. 

"I want to see Avni and How's she! Take me to her!" She said, with that signature adamant face of her. 

Neil drew a deep breath before nodding his head at Maya, who smirked to herself, which went unnoticed by the naive lover. 

*  *  *

"Good Morning, Darling!" Parth exclaimed at Avni, with a pleasing smile. 

Having no other choice other than breaking into a grin at the beautiful smile her best friend has, Avni blinked her eyes with a grin plastered on her face. 

"Ate?" She asked, which came out as a bare whisper due to the pain she's been enduring. 

Parth nodded his head before glancing towards the table beside her, which has a plate of untouched fruits and a bowl of half-filled soup. 

He craned his neck to have a look at the girl, who bit her tongue at the sight she was caught in. 

"You didn't eat!" Parth sighed. Avni smiled at him sheepishly.