18. Reverie...

WARNING:- NOT PROOFREAD

"Why is he calling like he's her possessive boyfriend? And wanted to know where his girl is?" Parth whispered under his breath after silencing the buzzing phone of Avni's. It's for the fourth time, he's ignoring the call from Neil Khanna, though it's Avni's phone. It again rang, gaining people's attention, irritating parth to the hell. Fed up with the continuous calls, he reverted it, suppressing his urge to yell at him.

"Hello, Avni?" Came his concerned voice resulting in Parth narrow his eyes. The thought that does he knows about Avni's condition stormed his brain, refrained from him responding. Before Parth drown in his battle of thoughts, Neil got successful in bringing him back from his trance.

"Avni, you there?" He again screamed into his phone that if any hearing impaired would have been there in his place, they definitely would have got their hearing power back.

"It's me, Parth!" Parth sighed, shooking his head while creases etched on Neil's forehead. Neil refrained himself from asking that why he picked up Avni's phone. 

"Um, where's Avni?" He asked with his one eyebrow raised. Parth couldn't refrain himself from rolling his eyes, huffing his irritation out. 

"She's busy, as of now! She'll not be responding to any of the calls for two days!" Parth said, menacingly, asking him to not call, indirectly though.

"Busy, as in, working?" Neil asked him, not getting enough of his answer, irritating parth. 

"Whatever it is, but, as a PA, I'm told was DND, and don't handover me any calls or messages! That's all she said." Parth huffed in one go. 

"Okay!" Neil said and disconnected the call while Parth groaned, shoving the phone in his pockets. 

"Is it true?" Neil muttered under his breath, rewinding each word Parth told him. Unconvinced, he wanted to check the truth himself.

Searching for the particular contact he wanted now, Neil typed DE on the search tab of his contact list under which falls a group of contacts, annoying him. Nevertheless, getting himself together, he typed every letter one by one, until he found the one he wanted, DEBASHSIH DETECTIVE. 

"Hello?" Came a raspy voice to which Neil's face adorned a grimace. 

"Slept?" He questioned before asking for what he's in the line for. 

"Yeah, Bro. But anyways you woke me up, tell me!" The man in his late twenties, sighed, rubbing his eyes, still lying on the bed. 

"Yeah, I want you to trace two mobile numbers, which I've sent it to you already! Is that possible, NOW?" Neil asked glancing at the wall clock which showed 10:35 PM. 

"Now?" He whisper-yelled making Neil more anticipated. Before Neil convince him, he agreed without any fuss making Neil relieve from the pain. 

"Wait a minute!" He muttered, which was audible to Neil. Fetching his laptop from the study table, and sat on his bed, typing the numbers he was sent. 

"Bro..." He dragged his name in his still sleepy voice making Neil go alert for the information he'd be filled.

"Both numbers are showing the same place, Hospital. It's far from here, I mean, your place! I'm sending you the location, okay?" Debashish informed him, yawning. 

"Thank you so much, Deb, it..." "Okay, fine. Let me sleep now and you can pay me back my debt after I wake up from sleep!" Debashish intervened Neil, who was about to rant the same indebted shit but he chose to cut him in between.  

"Yeah, Good Night!" Neil whispered as his brain settled to the truth. "

"Hospital? But why?" Neil talked to himself for a brief 30 seconds, before dashing out of his house.