Chapter 28

Three weeks have passed since then. Everything was still the same. Y/n still ignoring Jimin and not planning to change it anytime sooner, Jimin again trying to talk to her but not making out a result because of his ego, Seojun pushing Jimin to the front to make everything alright but failing everytime and Eunji still supporting Y/n and cheering her up every chance she gets.

The corporate life was also the same. Media talking about the K10 project and putting their everything to search out every personal details of the business-people. The industries were still fighting for the second evaluation of the K10 project.

Among all these things, it'd be a lie if I say Y/n didn't wait for Jimin. She always searched for Jimin and wanted him to apologize to her for everything. And Jimin felt the same way. He always wanted to come to her. He wanted to show her he still wants her to be the one. But their ego played a huge role in their life. No one could move an inch.

For the first week, Jimin sent Y/n flower bouquets and little notes. But she was the most angry those days and didn' even spare a glace at them. Jimin even tried to talk to her many times. But she would just walk past him like she didn't even know him. She acted like he didn't even exist. If he tried to hold her hand to stop her, she would just jerk off his hand and go her way without looking at him.

Deep down she was hurt too. She didn't expect the man who was so sweet and kind to her would change so suddenly like this that he would accuse her over something so nasty and behave like this. All those years she thought him to be only a competitor. Now when she wanted to change the thought, he started to point her out that he is only a competitor, nothing more.

But when Jimin started warming up once again, Y/n melted, again. But it was again the ego that stopped her from going to him. She wanted him to pamper her more. And when she was about to break down her walls, Jimin's ego kicked in. He was tired too, of trying all by himself. It was all about bad timing.

Like this, two more weeks passed. They seperated their rooms in their own house. They lived like two unknown persons. No one would talk to the other or even look at them. Inside it was all broken, but outside everything seemed fine.

And for their works, it remained perfectly in it's place, after all it was the reason everything was happening. Y/n worked even harder after her first break down in the business. Jimin worked with passion as well.

And now the day for the result of the 2nd evaluation of K10 has arrived, they could only worry about it.

***

Jimin's pov:

Jimin was lying on his bed in a dark room. More like he was trying to fall asleep but couldn't. Tomorrow was another day of publishing the list. But he couldn't worry less. All he could think about was his wife, that was just next room to his. But he lost his right to walk into the room.

How can I mess up such beautiful relation to be formed. Every time I think about, I have no right to say all those things to her. She's quite introverted. But still tried her best, she tried for me. But what the hell did I just do!

No matter what happens with the list tomorrow, I have to go to her. I can't bear this anymore.

He got up from his bed and walked to the balcony of his room. The night sky was full of stars today. No clouds, no gloominess. How he wished his life to be this clear and beautiful.

Suddenly a meteor was seen in the sky for a split second. He remembered the memories with her.

Flashback:

Y/N: Look there us a shooting star!!! Let's make a wish.

Jimin looked at Y/N closing her eyes and getting her hands together and wishing like a little child who was like wishing in front of her birthday cake. It was so cute for Jimin to see a girl full of maturity and barely talks, looking like a kid. At that moment he felt if he could fulfil whatever you asked to the shooting star.

When Y/N was done, she turned her head to Jimin only to see him staring at Y/N, but he instantly looked away.

Y/N: You didn't wish? Do you know, it is said that if you wish something looking at a shooting star, your wish will come true.

Jimin: I've heard about it. But I don't believe in these superstitions. It makes no sense, like how can a meteor fulfil your wish?

Y/N: I know it doesn't have any scientific base, but what's wrong in believing in something like that. Sometimes it's nice to believe in something that doesn't have science behind it. Everything doensn't have to be logical to be happy, right?

End of flashback.

As the memory flashed into Jimin's mind, he closed his eyes without knowing.

"I hope we solve every hardship in our life and we make a beautiful 'us'. I wish for her to be happy and healthy and hope she gets everything she hopes for." Jimin's wished at the shooting star for the first time because for the first time he wanted to believe something like that, without any theory or logic.

He didn't even realise he wished only for her and her.

Y/N's pov:

She was still on her laptop when she felt the urge to look outside. Just then a meteor, which she likes to call shooting star, fell from the sky.

It's just a meteor. What magic can it contain? She shrugged it off.

Last time when I wished for the happy life, what did I get! When I wanted forget everything and start like new, what did I get! When I asked for him with me for the rest of my life, what did I get?

No, I ain't gonna believe in it anymore.

But she still feels hurt thinking about the past memories with him. They might not be a lot, but still they were very special to her.

She tried to look up in a way to take in and blinked away the salted water from her eyes.

***

(A/N: first of all I am really sorry. I disappeared like for a year and now suddenly I appeared once again. Please hate me for this. I do too😓. But look at the happy side, The character progress yayy!!

Secondly, I am currenly workinh on some other stories even though Idk when will I be able publish them or even I'll be able to at all. But still, look forward to the update and show some love to it.♡)