Chapter 3

Next day:

Y/N was doing some office works that her father handed her over. She suddenly heard a loud voice screaming her name. She smiled knowing that her only best friend, Eunji is here to see her.

Y/N didn't have many friends. But the one friend she got was more than everything. She had never seen such cheerful girl as Eunji. Whenever she was down, Eunji was there to cheer her up. She was popular among the classmates for her friendly behaviour. She was friends with almost everyone in their class. But she saw something in Y/N that made her become bestfriends with the quiet girl.

"Y/N!!!", Y/N heard Eunji came running to her room screaming her name.

"Eunji ah, when did you came bac-"

"Y/N, HOW DID IT HAPPEN? WHEN DID IT HAPPEN? WHY DID'T YOU TELL ME YOU ARE MARRYING PARK JIMIN? WHEN DID YOU TWO START A RELATIONSHIP? HOW COME I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT? I WAS ABROAD FOR A MONTH AND YOU DID SO MANY THINGS?" She bursted out with a flood of questions.

"Relax, relax. I'll tell you everything. So many things happened that I couldn't get time to talk to you."

Y/N then started telling about the arrange marriage with their batch scholar, Park Jimin.

*

"So... this happeded. But I still can't believe you are marrying that guy," said Eunji after hearing all.

"Me too."

"I still remember how you used to cry over silly matter because of him. And now you're marrying him!"

"I felt sad then, okay..."

Flashback:

It was the result day of the mid term exam of the year. Some were happy who did well while some were sad.

But Y/N was nowhere to be found. Eunji was looking for her like crazy. After looking for her in the whole school premises when she was about to call her on her phone again, she saw that Y/N was sitting on the ground of the backside of the main school building looking so dull.Eunji ran to her and asked what's wrong.

Y/N was crying with her mouth full of food. She said sobbing, "P-Park Jimin a-again stood f-first and I f-failed..."

"You WHAT!" Eunji asked shocked because she knew very well that Y/N wasn't the one to fail. She would do well even if she didn't have any preparation.

"I f-failed to stood f-first."

Eunji was speechless. So many people really failed and there she was crying her heart out just because she stood second.

"Oh come on. Now forget it and let's go," and there Eunji goes cheering her bestie up.

End of flashback.

"You know what, now I find it funny that you're gonna marry the guy who made you cry for a silly reason and he didn't have any clue about that," said Eunji.

"Eunji ah, why are you bothering me too? Everyone likes to bother me." She said pouting.

"Okay my dear friend, I won't say anything about it."

"But to be honest, I myself cannot believe it. That guy even told his friend to date me so that I can get distracted from studing"

"No Y/N, he didn't even know about that. It is you who is making things up."

"No no believe me, I am sure, he told his friend to ask me out back then. He might have thought that I would get distracted by it and he could easily beat me in the exam. But poor him! I rejected that boy right away." Y/N explained being proud.

Eunji sighed, "I really don't know when will you come out of your competitive mind. I just hope that Jimin will make you realise that happiness doesn't lie in competing and trying to be perfect. It lies in loving and being loved by your loved one."

"Love doesn't exists. It is only for movies and dramas."

"You will understand when you will fall in love."

Y/N didn't say anything. She just made a straight face.

"Girls, get ready. We are going out in 15 minutes."

Both of them look at the door to see Y/N's mom standing. They were going to the mall to buy the wedding dress. They got up and started getting ready. But Y/N couldn't focus on anything else. Her mind was filled with Eunji's words.

'Does true happiness really lie in loving and being loved by the loved one!'

***

(I am really sorry for the late upload. I will try to upload the next part soon. 😊

If you have any question about the story, you can ask.)

Thanks for your love and support.