Chapter 2

When the Lee family reached the restaurant, the Parks were already there. The Lees were entering and Jimin couldn't take his eyes off Y/N. She was looking beautiful. Y/N could feel his eyes on her. She intentionally avoid his gaze.

After some time Jimin came back to his senses. This is not what I'm supposed to do here. This is just an arranged marriage. And she is my competitor. Jimin thought to himself and removed his gaze.

Both family greeted each other. Mr. Lee and Mr. Park shook their hand. They were not only business partners but also friends.

Y/N's pov:

Ugh.... this is so boring. They are all talking about marriage and stuff. They are business partners, so why can't they talk about business. Then I could join them

I am just waiting for the dinner to be served. So that we can finish it and go home early.

I looked at Jimin secretly for a few times. He had his gentleman face on. It's not like I wanted to see him, I just wanted to see if he was bored like me. But I couldn't guess if he was enjoying it or not.

Two waiter came and served all the dishes in front of us. I finished my meal as soon as possible hoping to leave the place early. But even after they finished eating, it didn't seem like they're gonna leave anytime soon.

Suddenly Mr. Park said indicating Jimin and me,"Why are you two silent?" My dad, out of nowhere, said,"Probably they are shy."

Hearing this, I became a little shy which I wasn't before.

Mr. Park spoke again, "Yeah, this soon to be married couple needs some time alone together. My son must be very lucky to marry a sweet girl like you."

Oh God! Why is uncle saying like this as if Jimin and I were in a relationship for long time. Aish, my face is getting all red in front of Jimin. What will he think?

I took a glace at Jimin. He was as embarassed as me.

Jimin's pov:

Oh my God. What is dad saying. I am so embarassed right now. I can see Y/N's face all red. She might be very uncomfortable.

"Dad....." I said expecting him to stop but he didn't let me finish.

"Ah...okay okay. Both of you should go to the balcony and talk with each other."

Hearing my father, I look at Y/N who hesitantly nodded at my father. After that I lead her the way to the beautiful balcony of the five star restaurant which was famous for the view of the night city. I am glad that dad gave us the space we need. After all we weren't just normal classmates. We were each other's biggest competitors.

Author's pov:

Jimin and Y/N both were in the balcony which showed the night city view so well. The lights around them were so dim. The environment was romantic enough for a couple but it wasn't for them. There was awkward silence between them until Jimin spoke, "Umm.. hi.."

Y/N wasn't a person to start conversation with anyone. Though she and Jimin were classmates, they barely talked. But seeing Jimin trying to start a conversation, she decided to talk with him. After all she is going to be married to him soon.

She started their conversation just saying "Hi"

Jimin understood she was hesitant to talk further. So he decided to carry on the conversation.

"How have you been doing? It's been long since we have seen each other."

As if we were so close. Y/N thought to herself. But she answer modestly, "Yeah, I am good. What about you?"

"I'm doing great. Just busy these days after I started working in the company."

Why is he bragging so much about his working. I am working too. "Oh, I see."

It was silent for sometime after that. They were so uneasy to talk about that day's main topic, about their marriage.

However, Jimin started, "I have never thought we will marry each other."

"Me too."

"By the way, do you really want this marriage?"

"I don't know actually. I father told me about this and I couldn't refuse him." Because I know it is for business and will benifit our company.

Only if Jimin could hear Y/N's thoughts, he would definitely very shocked. But somewhere he knew too that the purpose of the marriage was for their family business.

"But I personally thought that you would refuse the proposal. Why did you agree?"

"Why not. I mean, you are quiet, smart minded and.....not that ugly."

"Oh". Huh 'not that ugly'. He might be handsome. But I am beautiful enough to be said like that. "What do you think our life will be after this m-marriage?" She hesitated to ask the question.

"Things might be a little complicated between us as we dont know each other well. But we have to try together to solve any problem we face."

"What if it still doesn't work?"

"If we are really unhappy, then I think it is better for us to go separate ways. But don't think too much about uncertain future. We might be the happiest couple in future."

Y/N blushed a little hearing Jimin. She looked at side to hide her blushing face. Suddenly she blured out, "This isn't a love marriage. Will this 'marriage without love' last long..."

Hearing Y/N, Jimin just sighed.

Y/N said, "I heard you are gonna be the new CEO of Park & Park Industries," changing the topic.

"Yes, dad wants me to be the CEO. You are also working in Lee Corporation, Right?"

"Yeah. I joined three monthes ago."

And they continued their conversation getting to know each other in the city night cozy environment...

***

(I am really sorry for late upload. I was really busy with my studies and other stuff. Please support me. Thank you for reading.)