Chapter 9

**(Edited)**

Beau's POV

I can't stop thinking about her. I can't. The clocks about to start for our game and I can't. I can't stop.

She's scared of me, she's hurt, she's not okay and she's flipped something inside of me that can't stop thinking about her. I'm messed up in the head over that girl and she didn't even do anything to make me that way except being her quiet and beautiful self. I think I just realized that I like her, and I don't know why it took me so long to realize it.

"I like Grace." I whisper to myself standing in place for the snap as I try to hold myself together. I like her, and it's obvious that I do. She makes me rethink everything and I like her.

"Oh my god." I whisper rubbing my hands down my face as I back up away from the play. I call a time out before the play even starts as the whole team comes in a huddle around me and I pull my helmet off my head.

"Beau what's going on?" Nathan the center linebacker asks as he stands next to me. He taps my shoulder as I hold my helmet in my hands.

"Umm" I demand under my breath as I hold my composure. He starts as he looks over me, "Beau we need to get it together." He tells me as I shake my head no.

"I'm fine. Just needed a minute. You guys ready for this?" I ask as they nod and break. We get back into position as they plays called and I get the ball snapped to me. I go into my motion and throw it down field when one of the guys gets taken down at the twenty five year line. Then we get into motion again and I throw a touchdown. I'll be okay, but I'm not letting Grace go now, I know I like her.

~~~~

Grace's POV

Beau sits me in his truck next to him as he drives off towards the opposite way of his house. He's supposed to be in a tutoring session not this. "Where are you going?" I ask him holding his hand in mine as he looks over and smiles at me.

"To Alabama, I've got a meeting with one of the coaches this afternoon and I forgot to tell you. Figured you'd might enjoy looking around the campus too." He tells me as I still. I didn't sign up for this.

"How far away is it?" I ask as he rubs my hand. "About an hour, but it's not to bad and I promise you'll be back to see your grandmother before dark." He tells me as I nod. He doesn't let go of my hand as he drives, I'm suddenly glad that I look halfway decent today, minus my eye.

"Beau my eye." I demand to him as he reaches behind me and grabs a bag before sitting it between us.

"There are some bandages and ointment in there from football. I tear skin on my arms pretty much every time I play." He tells me as I nod and open the bag. But when I do my whole world stops looking down. I see bandages and a change of clothes for him but something else stops me. It's a box of condoms, a box of extra large condoms.

"Beau?" I ask opening it up as I try to believe my eyes. He wants sex, he wants sex from the new girl and I fell for it. He looks over as he sees my face and I pull the box out.

"Why do you have these?" I ask holding the halfway empty box in my hands as he sees it and pales.

"Fuck, Grace that was before I met you. I haven't had sex since we've met. I know what you're probably thinking and it's not like that." He tells me as I look down at it in my hand.

"But why would you have them if you weren't planning on using them? Do you want that from me? I'm not having sex with you." I demand to him as he shakes his head no.

"Grace I know. I had them when I was with Felicity, I don't want sex from you, it's not about that." He tells me as I pale again. So he never wants a relationship with me? I'm not asking for marriage, but I like him and sex might be apart of that years and years down the road if he's still my friend.