Chapter 22

**(Edited)**

Grace's POV

"And now your homecoming king by unanimous vote!" Mrs. Allman announces as everyone silents themselves. They've announced runner ups and it's easily Alana and Greg, I was shocked by that honestly. But if Felicity and Beau win and have to do the signature walk together and pictures in the newspaper I won't be happy.

"You're winning. I voted for you." I tell Beau holding his arm as he stands next to me.

"Good because I voted for you." He tells me as I push his arm holding my flowers.

"CHANNING BEAU KINGSTON!" They announce as I pat his butt.

"Go baby! You won!" I shout kissing his cheek. I move him closer to the front as they give him the small crown on his head. I laugh when it doesn't fit and he holds it in his hand. He comes back over to me as everyone laughs and smiles clapping for him.

"The queen is..." she announces as Beau grabs my hip. "You" he tells me as he rubs my back. I keep the flowers situated as Mrs. Allman smiles at me.

"GRACE BRIXTON!" She shouts as Beau leans down kissing my forehead. Me? I didn't even run. People don't even know me without Beau. I didn't even think that I'd win.

"I knew it!" He tells me kissing my lips right in front of everyone as he takes my arm in his and walks me up to get my crown. I smile when Mrs. Allman places it over my high ponytail.

"Couldn't have picked a better couple. Take your walk!" She exclaims while smiling at me. I hold Beau's hand tight in mine as we start our walk towards the front of the stands with everyone watching us. The newspaper crew takes a few pictures of us as I hold his hand.

"And cheers to the most likely to get married couple in the senior class!" Mrs. Allman announces behind us as I instantly smile harder. I had no idea they already counted and voted on the senior superlatives. Beau and I won, we won.

Everyone cheers and cheers for us as we keep going and then everything Beau's been telling me hits me. He's my other half, and I love him fully and unconditionally and I want more than just a future together. I want a life, marriage, children, and growing old together. Beau's my best friend, and I love him unconditionally.

"Beau I love you." I tell him as he smiles down at me from his tall height.

"God I can't wait to marry you." He tells me as I smile even harder. This is perfect, all of its perfect.

~~~~

After the king as he calls himself now, wins the homecoming game he carries me in his arms to his truck. Everyone else is gone, but I waited on Beau and it's just us now.

"Your majesty, your chariot awaits." He tells me opening the passengers side door as he sits me on it. He holds my hand before reaching down and slipping my heels off. They don't hurt my feet, but they aren't my white sneakers. He rubs them softly before taking off towards the drivers side. He gets in next to me and grabs my hand in his as we slip our crowns off.

"How does it feel being queen?" He asks as I smile.

"I don't know, how does it feel being King?" I ask him as he starts off driving to his house. He holds my hand in his while rubbing my fingers as I smile. I'm so happy, I've never been so happy. He makes me so happy and I love him so much.

"Like I'm Beau Kingston, literally." He tells me pinching my fingers as I squeal.

"Really though, I was shocked I won. I knew you were winning but me? I didn't think so." I tell him as he nods.