Chapter 39

**(Edited)**

Grace's POV

I'm sitting in the exam room with both the boys as they get their tests this morning. I'm pissed, I'm upset with them, and most of all, I'm mad that I didn't raise them better. I'm just angry at myself.

"Mrs. Kingston?" The doctor comes back in as I nod.

"The results are in." She tells me as the boys sit on the exam table together in hospital gowns.

"Noah you have HIV. Tucker you're clean." She tells us as my heart cracks. I look over at Noah with no words as she speaks. I messed up so bad as a mother, so, so bad.

"Luckily we caught it extremely early and it's definitely curable. Both both boys will be getting regular physical examinations, vaccines and I'm recommending and sexual education class that the high school obviously didn't teach since you boys." She tells them as I nod in agreement. They need them after what they have been doing and I'm getting Sage's ass in here to get them as well.

"Thank you." I tell her as she nods. "I'll be back with the treatment plan, vaccines and medicines." She tells me as I sit silently and nod. Time she's out the door I immediately blow my cool.

"I'm so disappointed I can't even look at you." I speak under my breath the Noah. He doesn't look at me or say anything as I sit there quietly.

"I hope you enjoyed it. You've officially made your mom give up on you." I whisper under my breath. I don't speak to him the rest of the appointment until we're in the car home.

"Mom" he tells me as I keep walking to the house. I slam the doors behind me as I go to Beau and I's room and sit on the love seat.

I'm so disappointed.

~~~~

I finish making dinner and cut the stove off before fixing my plate and taking it outside onto the deck. I sit down at the patio table and drink the cheap wine from the bottle. I chug the whole thing back before the patio door opens and very disturbed Beau comes out the door. He sits down next to me at the table with his plate as I chug the bottle again.

"So what's the verdict?" He asks sitting down next to me as he takes his shoes off and drinks his beer. I haven't talked to him since this morning, I didn't know how to tell him.

"HIV" I tell him as his eyes bulge.

"What in the hell?" He asks under his breath as I shake my head no. I go to chug the wine again as he stops me and grabs my hand in his.

"He's a whore. I raised a whore. A child with fucking HIV. We told them about sex, and I don't have a clue what to do anymore. Take his truck away? Then what? He'll just get Tucker to take him everywhere. Take his phone away? He still sees all his girls at school." I tell Beau as he sighs and walks away.

He comes back a few seconds later out of the house with a gigantic packet in his hands before he sits it in front of my plate with spaghetti on it. On the top it reads, Birmingham Military Academy.

"What is this?" I ask picking it up.

"A threat. If he doesn't straighten up I'm not against sending him off to The Military Academy. And Tucker's right behind him and he knows it. I say we threaten them, and if they both still want to act up we send them away. No freedom, no sex. If not, they'll straighten up like we raised them to do." He tells me as I sigh. I want to cry into my hands and hide. I had no idea that this was what it would come to.

"Do you think threatening them will work?" I ask him blinking my tears away as he reaches and rubs my face.

"I sure as hell hope so." He tells me wiping my face as he holds me into his chest. I lean forward and kiss his lips as he holds my head in his hands.