Chapter 5

I felt strangely refreshed when I awoke, despite needing three bathes to feel clean after what happened last night.

I stared at my naked body in the mirror. My body changing had healed all of the damage dad had done and had somehow given me a little weight. I was no longer just skin and bones, even though I hadn't developed into a woman's body I could no longer see my ribs or hips sticking out.

I smiled a little at my reflection. I liked the girl I was becoming.

I walked out of the bathroom wrapped tightly in a towel to see some fresh clothes folded on the edge of the bed. I smiled a little before pulling them on and brushing out my hair, at least now I knew why I thought my hair was like Rhys's.

There was a soft knock on the door, and it was slowly pushed open, revealing Rhys stood there alone.

"Morning," he said softly.

"Thanks for saving me last night," I whispered as I turned back to the mirror and began to braid my hair.

"Those pricks deserved it," he grumbled as he came to stand behind me.

"I thought you hated me," I admitted after a short stint of silence.

"Cauldron no, I was just in shock, I didn't handle it overly well and when I came back up and realised you were gone, I may have panicked just a little." He replied, blushing.

"That's when you found me in the alley?" I asked, more of a statement than a question.

"I flew all over the city looking for you, now that you are fae it was a whole lot easier because I could pick up your scent" He told me as I tied off the end of my braid.

"Well it is nice to know you don't hate me," I said with a tight-lipped smile.

"Never, now, everyone may be downstairs after they made me tell them about our relationship, or course Amren already knew and declined to tell us but everyone else is having a party, want to join?" He asked, and I grinned.

He took me down the stairs and I was immediately tackled into a hug by Mor.

"Welcome to the family!" She laughed.

I grinned at her and she dragged me over to Feyre who also pulled me into a hug.

"Don't tell Rhys I told you, but he would not shut up about how amazing this was after you both got home," she told me with a wink, and I grinned.

I turned to Cassian and Azriel who were trying to sneak up behind me.

"You're our niece too now kid!" Cass told me as he swung me around.

"God help me," I grumbled.

"Hey, no fair!" Cassian moaned and Feyre grinned at me.

"Sensitive Illyrian babies," we said in unison.

"Not another one!" Cassian complained as he went and sat at Azriel's side, Mor on the other hand was pissing herself laughing.

They cracked into a bottle of wine and I told myself not to panic, this wasn't my dad drinking.

Once they were all a little tipsy, I snuck out of the room and ran upstairs, once I was safely shut in my room, I allowed my panic attack to take its hold on me and flashbacks consumed my mind.

~ ~ ~

"You are going to die today," my father sneered at me as I watched the knife glinting in his hand.

He knelt down behind me. He began to nick my skin with the blade.

"Is this sharp enough for you?" He asked, his tone mocking.