Chapter 16

I winnowed straight into my room and allowed the leopards to have a look around while I changed into city appropriate clothing.

"Saph, are you back yet?" Feyre voice called out.

"Yeah, I'm just changing, give me a minute," I called back.

For the first time in a while I got rid of my wings as I walked down the stairs. Mor and Feyre pulled me into a hug before looking behind me.

I turned to see Athena and Hera walking down the stairs.

"They are mine now, Mor's brothers destroyed their home so they are living with me." I told them.

"Fair enough, they are both pretty cool, welcome to the family," Mor said with a laugh, Hera and Athena both went over to her and rubbed themselves against her legs.

I went for a girls day out the next day however after only a couple of hours I began to feel really ill. Mor noticed and they took me home.

"I haven't felt like this in such a long time." I groaned as they put me to bed.

"I'm getting Madja," Feyre said leaving me with Mor.

She pressed a hand to my head and found me burning up, she went into the bathroom and got a cool flannel, pressing it to my head.

"I thought the Fae didn't get ill," I sighed as I closed my eyes.

"Don't worry about that now, just relax." She whispered and I did as she said, soon slipping off to sleep.

-Feyre's POV-

When I got back home with Madja, Sapphire was asleep with Mor sat on the bed next to her, pressing a cool towel to her head.

We both reluctantly left the room while Madja worked.

"Is she ok?" Rhys asked as we walked into the sitting room.

"We don't know, Madja kicked us out," Mor grumbled.

She walked down only five minutes later.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked immediately.

"Nothing, she is completely fine." She told us.

"Then why does she feel crap?" Mor asked.

"Because her mate is dying, she must have met them, but they haven't acknowledged the bond, she will only get better if they die or get better themselves." She said, pure sadness in her tone.

She let herself out as we all took that in.

"She's too young to have to deal with that," I whispered, I knew the pain of it.

"Who could her mate be though?" Rhys asked.

"They don't even have to be a male, she doesn't have a preference," Mor said with a small sigh.

I was about to say something but there was a loud thud outside, and screams arose. We all got up and ran out, an Illyrian was laying in the street, people around him were screaming.

I ran over and saw that he was covered in wounds and barely breathing. I gripped his wrist and winnowed him into the manor, Mor beginning to close the larger wounds while Rhys went and got Madja once more.

As soon as she arrived, we were once again kicked out of the room.

"Do you know who that is?" I asked Rhys.

"That is Delvon's son, Blake, I think he is Sapphire's mate, it can't be a coincidence that her mate almost dies then he lands outside our house, almost dead," he said, looking thoughtful.