Chapter 18

I held onto Blake tightly as we fell, and we used our wings as a cocoon. We landed and were thrown appart, both of us rolling.

I sat up and saw that I was back in Vicky's living room, just like last time, the only difference was the amount of people here, the room was full of all of the people I cared about.

Emily, Hondo, and Lola all pulled out their guns and pointed them at us both.

"Really, what is it with you three and guns," I grumbled as I stood, stretching my wings out before tucking them in tightly.

I walked over to Blake and pulled him to his feet, he was looking beyond confused.

"Sapphire?" Emily half whispered.

"Hi Emily, erm, strange question but how long has it been?" I asked as I took in all of the faces around me.

"Almost three months," Vicky's voice said from behind me.

"Ok, that is way shorter than I was expecting." I said as I turned to her and she shook her head.

"Saph, could you please tell me what is going on," Blake said as he held me protectively against him.

"Right, so this is the world I was born in, and these are the people I was close to here," I told him quickly.

Hondo took a step forwards and Blake snarled.

"Blake, shove the territorial fae stuff down for a minute would you," I said with a raised brow, and he blushed a little.

"Saph, we thought you were dead," Emily told me.

"No, I was just in a different world," I replied as I tried to work out why they were all here.

"That is kind of a big deal," Miss Bishop said.

"Yeah, I know, why are you all here, I didn't even know that you all knew each other." I asked as I tried to think of possible reasons.

"We all just went to your funeral Saph," Emily said.

"Oh, well, surprise, I'm not dead I guess," I said as I went red.

"Is no one going to bring up the fact she is older and has wings?" Mr Mc Gee asked.

"Figured she would explain eventually," Miss Bishop replied.

"So, for me five years has passed so I'm seventeen now and I'm half fae, and a quarter Illyrian, hence the wings," I explained.

"Who is the big dude?" Hondo asked, eyeing up Blake who snarled at him again.

"Hondo, Blake is a warrior, I suggest not standing quite so close, he is also my mate, even though only a few of you will understand what that means." I replied as I took Blake's hand in mine.

"I can't use my siphons," Blake said, sounding both surprised and angry.

"Magic doesn't exist here Blake, I can't get rid of my wings or winnow either." I replied but he looked very on edge.

'Chill, none of them are going to harm me, most of these people saved my life.' I said down the bond.

'There are a lot of people here, how many times did you get close to dying?' He asked, raising one brow.

'Too many,' I shot back before looking away again.

"Well now I know how Mor feels," Vicky grumbled.

"Now that is mean Vicky," I teased, she rolled her eyes.

"I'm guessing you want to know what has happened in the past five years, or three months I guess," I said, looking at everyone.