Chapter 12

-Five Years Later-

"Happy seventeenth!" Everyone yelled as I walked downstairs.

After I realised they didn't have dates like we do they made my birthday the day I arrived, it was close enough, my birthday was only a week before I fell into this world.

Today was going to be amazing, Cassian was coming back from the Steeps with Nesta. (They are mates, how cool is that?)

We are having a party. No alcohol, because I still can't stand being near the stuff but there was an amazing looking cake.

I always kept my wings out now, they are a welcoming weight behind my back. I was ushered into the sitting room and tea was pressed into my hands.

"How does it feel to be getting older?" Mor asked.

"Like you can talk miss five hundred and forty-three," I teased.

"Hey!" She said as she playfully shoved me.

"Happy Birthday Saph!" Nesta said with a warm smile as she walked in, Cassian close behind her.

"How were the Steeps?" I asked as she sat on my other side.

"As cold and horrible as always, I don't know why Cassian likes it," she grumbled.

"Hey kiddo, happy birthday, Rhys I need a word." Cassian said, Feyre shot him a disapproving look but Rhys got up.

I didn't need to tell Tori to follow them, she was my version of Az's shadows, we were never appart.

'The females still aren't training as there is no proof it does them any good.'

She tweeted in my ear and I could feal my anger rising.

"Excuse me while I go and talk to those two," I said, and no one dared stop me as they took in my wrath.

"Right you two, I will not say this again, let me go to Delvon's camp so I can show them what a female can do," I growled at them.

"That bird of yours takes it's spying job way to seriously," Rhys grumbled.

"I can hold my own, I have been training for five years now and Cassian has the scars to prove it, not to mention that I look like them, I will hold more sway than Feyre or Mor." I continued.

"Only if we are all allowed to come with you," Feyre said from behind me.

"You know how much I love an audience," I told her with a grin.

"Ok, fine, but only because you are older now," Rhys said, Cassian shot him an annoyed glare.

Two days later we were ready to leave, I had packed a small bag with the essentials, Amren and Azriel would stay here to protect the city while the rest of us went to the mountains.

I winnowed myself and Tori with everyone else winnowing themselves (Nesta winnowed Cassian with whatever powers she possessed.)

As soon as we were there the wind froze my wings, but I kept my head held high.

"High Lord," a man who I can only assume is Delvon greeted coldly.

"Delvon we are here to watch the women train, my niece Sapphire will be joining the males after," he said, pure command in his voice.

"High Lord, she is a child, my warriors would kill her," Delvon said with a sneer in my direction.

I opened my mouth to retort but Tori tugged on my hair with her beak.

'Athena approaches, she is hurt, hurry.'

My head snapped around as the snow leopard stalked towards me. I ran to her as one of the Illyrians shot for her. The arrow aimed for her heart went through my shoulder and I let out a cry but kept going, kneeling in front of the bleeding leopard.