Chapter 26

-Sapphire's POV-

God did my back hurt, and that in turn made everything else hurt, my wings were an uncomfortable weight behind my back that I wanted to get rid of, but my first task was actually opening my eyes.

I blinked against the harsh sunlight streaming into the room, but a face blocked out the blinding rays.

"Easy Saph, just breathe," Blake told me gently.

"I got shot," I whispered, the memories rushing back.

"Yrene healed you, it's ok." he said, stroking my hair.

"Kiara," I said, hoping my baby was ok.

"She's with Feyre and Rhys, safe." He said and I smiled a little.

"Can you help me banish my wings?" I asked him and he carefully lifted me up, allowing me to get rid of them before he propped me up on a pile of pillows.

"Kiara hasn't stopped crying since we got back," Blake said, looking ashamed.

"Bring her to me, I can calm her," I told him, and he smiled a little.

"Feyre is already in her way, Yrene wants you to drink some of her blood and she wants to be there when you first get up." He told me and I rolled my eyes.

There was a gentle knock on the door, and I could hear my baby's cries. Feyre walked in and handed her to me, I lay her against me and let her feed, her cries stopped.

"That kid's cries are so loud," Rhys grumbled as he walked in, I glared at him.

"Take that back Rhys," Feyre scolded.

"What it's true!" he said as he sat in a chair by the bed.

"She was just worried," I said, still glaring.

He raised his hands in defeat and I shook my head.

Feyre had just slit her wrist and let some of her blood flow into a cup.

"I feel like this is a bit extensive." I grumbled as she pressed the cup into my free hand.

"Yrene's orders," Feyre told me, and I let out a sigh.

"You don't drink it willingly Saph and I'll make you drink it," Blake told me, arms crossed.

"Insufferable mother hen," I grumbled before downing the drink, then immediately having some water.

Feyre was laughing her head off while Blake just looked slightly amused.

"Now you know how I feel," Rhys muttered, looking at Feyre who smacked him round the back of the head.

"Can I get up or are there some crazy rules about it?" I asked, glaring a little at my mate.

"Not until Yrene gets back tomorrow." Blake told me.

"I'm going to go crazy sitting here all day," I muttered, smiling down at Kiara who was now asleep.

"I'll be here, so will Kiara," Blake said, trying to help.

"I know, but I'm still going to get frustrated with myself." I grumbled.

"You look exhausted kiddo, get some more sleep," Rhys told me gently, and I knew he was right.

I lay back against the pillows a little more, Kiara on my chest as I closed my eyes. I felt Blake stroking his fingers through my hair and that sent me off to sleep.

When I awoke the next day, I felt so much more refreshed. I was startled to see a small note on the table next to the bed. With Blake and Kiara nowhere to be seen I picked it up.

Saph,

I know you are only really expecting a couple of words, but I need to warn you, you can never come back to this world. All of us that know your whereabouts have been questioned then forced to sign non-disclosure agreements to say we won't tell anyone about you. I don't know how but they know the portals energy signature and can track it, I saw an email saying that if anyone sees you, we are to kill you on sight, I am writing this with everyone here, Vicky, Lola, Darren, Ellie, Mike, Amelia, and Luke, we all want to wish you well and we will keep reading the books, so we know what you are up to. Amelia wants you to know that she didn't sell you out, they bust down her door saying she needed to cooperate, or they would arrest her, and Luke and she is so, so sorry. And because you are expecting to find out how your father died, alcohol poisoning. Stay safe, love from all of us.

Emily xx

I read the letter over and over again, this was insane. Blake walked in and immediately rushed to my side.

"What is it love?" He asked, taking my hands.

I wordlessly passed him the letter and he read it over many times. I brushed my tears away before they could dry and waited with bated breath for him to process the words.

"He's dead?" Blake asked, looking up.

"Yes," I whispered.

He pulled me against him as I began to cry.

"Hush now, why the tears?" Blake asked softly.

"I know I should feel relieved or something but he was still my father and while my mother was alive he was the most amazing person, I loved him with my whole heart back then, even after everything he did to me I always hoped that he would go back to being the father I knew, now I won't ever get to see that dream become a reality, he will never meet his granddaughter, not will he see what I have become, and that makes me so unbelievably sad," I whispered.

"You are allowed to feel sad; you are allowed to grief for the man you knew, but know Saph, that I will be here with you every single day," he said, and I kissed him.

"I want to go to Windhaven and see Delvon, I refuse to let my mistakes become yours," I told him, and he looked shocked.

"You want to take Kiara to meet Delvon?" he asked.

"Believe me, I hate him for hurting you, but he should know he failed in breaking you, and he should know he has a granddaughter, even if he will only ever see her once." I said and Blake's eyes filled with tears.

"You are the best mate a male could ask for," he whispered into my hair, and I grinned.