𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦.

𝘡𝘢'𝘕𝘰𝘷𝘢 𝘙𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴.

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀.
𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 26, 2018.

"how was work lil bit?" kaiser asked from the kitchen as soon as i walked through the front door.

i had passed my drivers test the week before so he let me drive his car to work since he had nothing else to do today.

i put the keys on the hook and sighed, "it wasn't what i expected, but i'll adjust to it." i walked to the kitchen and hopped up on the counter.

"what happened?" he asked while filling a pitcher up with water.

"i just felt out of place since i didn't really know anybody and they all knew each other. it's really just me being extra, i can adapt to it i promise. my co workers were so nice." i smiled.

"that's good. everybody feel like that on they first day. you gon' do good there." he poured the koolaid in the pitcher before pouring in the sugar and shaking it up.

"whatcha cooking?" i asked, seeing water boiling on the stove.

"spaghetti." he said.

"aw friend i didn't know you could cook!" i squealed.

"za'nova." he put the pitcher down and glared at me. "i'm not yo' fucking friend."

"sorry." i chuckled, getting off the counter and going to hug him as he turned back around and went back to what he was doing.

"nah, getcho ass off me. you be doing that shit on purpose." he mumbled, taking my arms from around him.

i frowned, "damn, sorry." i went to walk out the kitchen but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back towards him.

"don't leave i wasn't tryna be rude ma." he wrapped his arms around me. "i'm sorry."

"it's okay," i hugged him back, "i'm going to shower, i need to get out these work clothes."

"don't be too long." he let his hands roam down to my butt before he squeezed it.

"alright."

$$$

"well now my bill needs to be paid." i mumbled to myself as i read the text message from verizon, saying my bill was due. "and i doubt sherry is gonna be nice enough to keep paying it."

"you want me to pay it?" i looked over at kaiser who was staring at me while eating his spaghetti. i shook my head. "you sure? ion got a problem-"

"i'll just wait until i get my first paycheck. you already doing enough for me." i smiled at him and he smacked his lips.

"i'm paying it." he insisted.

"kaiser-"

"shut up." he pulled out his phone and i scrunched up my face.

"who you talkin' to?" i asked.

"who you talkin' to?" he mugged me.

"nobody." i rolled my eyes.

"oh so i'm nobody now? bet."

"you annoying." i scoffed.

"you know thanksgiving tomorrow huh?" he asked me and i nodded in confusion, not understanding why he was asking me this. "i was tryna see if you wanted to come by my mama house wit' me."

"you mean around your entire family? no thanks." i shook my head. "that's a nice gesture but i cant do crowds of people i don't know from a can of paint. plus, i work tomorrow."

"you'll be off by then, we don't start eating til 5." he said. "my family cool people, and it's usually not a lot of people there anyways. just my parents and my two sisters. maybe 3, 4 cousins at the most. and then my grandparents." he explained.

"you just listed at least 10 people. thats more than a lot." i said.

"i just want you to get out the house and meet some new people for a change nova. and i want you to get a taste of what being in a caring family feels like cause you deserve it." he frowned.

"you always make me feel bad and ion like that."

"nah, that be you." he laughed. "think about it for me."

"okay."

$$$

052221.