Chapter 7

All of the girls were filed into the castle into a large meeting room where there were 35 chairs set out. We each sat in a seat that had our state flowers in them, and I spotted my white peony and sat down in my seat. When all of the girls sat down, a woman with a white blouse and a black pencil skirt stood at the podium,

She cleared her throat to grab our attention, and picked at a few strands of hair that had fallen out of her strawberry-blonde bun. "My name is Brenda, and I'm going to be your etiquette teacher, and I will also be educating you in world lessons. For now, you will be escorted to a hall on the second floor in the east wing. Your bedroom is the one with your state flower on the door. Your curfew is 10:00 unless you are with the Prince, who you will meet tomorrow."

"You must meet in the Women's room for at least one hour on Saturdays. You are now dismissed. Do not wander to the north wing on the third floor or consequences will be severe," she concluded briskly, while shuffling all her papers together while we heard the doors behind us open again.

The clicking of heels was loud and numerous while all of us walked to our rooms. I found my door with a large white peony and opened the door, looking up at the tall ceiling heights and closing it softly behind me. Three girls stood inside in similar outfits, but they had strikingly different hair colors.

My eyes widened at the trio, and they all stood with smiles and kept hair, but I was thoroughly confused as to why they were in my room.

"We're your maids, and we'd like to welcome you to the palace. If you need anything please let us know Lady Elisa," said the girl with blonde hair. Oh thank God, that clears up so much. 

I started to relax a little now that I knew they were, as a matter of fact, supposed to be in here. "Mary, you forgot to tell her our names," muttered the oldest one. She seemed very bossy but well mannered. 

"You were the one who was supposed to say our names!" the blonde- Mary?- snapped back with flaring brown eyes.

"I thought we were going to introduce ourselves?" questioned the raven. "Well, I'm Cecelia. The brunette is Diana, and Mary's the blonde."

"Obviously," Diana muttered under her breath.

"Excuse me?" Mary scoffed incredulously, angling her head at Diana, the brunette Cecelia referred to.

"Well it's nice to meet you all," I interrupted in the politest way I could. I took a look around the room, which was white themed with pale purple detailing. The pillows and blankets were lavender and the wood in the room was white, and there was a grand piano in the corner of the room that held beautiful keys under its well-furnished wood.

"No way," I muttered before walking to the piano. I lifted the cover and felt the keys. "Why is there a piano in my room?" I asked with a smile.

"They try to put things of interest in your rooms according to your resume hobbies," replied Cecelia. "So if you had put that you enjoy something like guitar as well, then they would also put a guitar, or an easel if you were interested in art," she rambled nervously.

"It's beautiful," I breathed. I sat down on the plush piano cushion and set my fingers on top of the keys. I pushed down and pressed the keys for a familiar melody that I loved to play at home. I stopped midsong, forgetting I had an audience. 

"If you have work to do somewhere else you don't have to stay," I said hurriedly. I hate that I had taken up their time just to listen to me play around!

Diana's eyes softened from where she was organizing the closet and stocking it with dresses. "We don't, milady. You're our work now," she smiled.