18, Trouble In Paradise

NADIA

Artem's in a mood. Ivan's being his typical cold hearted delusional self. Me? Oh I'm doing fine, splendid! Perfect! Amazing! Just fucking great man! Lies. I'm absolute shit. I feel like it too. Currently I'm sitting in the backseat of their car, they're in the front driving us to the clinic so we can have the ultrasound done.

"Why're you being such assholes with me?" I find myself suddenly blurting out. Artem groans with his grip tightening on the steering wheel, Ivan rolls his eyes looking out the window watching as we flew past light polls and buildings on the sides of the street.

"We can talk after this." Artem says looking up at me in the rear view mirror. I huff leaning back in my seat, resting my feet on the little contraption between their two seats that opens. "Nadia get your feet off." "No! Not until you tell me what the hell I did!! What did I fucking do that's so important for you two dickwods to treat me like this?? We were perfectly fine last night. And now? Suddenly we're not! Someone better start talking or I will make you pull this car over. And it won't be pretty." I growl, folding my arms.

"Martha called. She escaped Cecily's little dungeon.. supposedly her and Kane are working together. Baby we're not mad at you. We're just stressed out. We don't want Kane within a world to you... but we have to face it. Martha found out you're pregnant, supposedly she told Kane, Kane knows the baby is his."

With that my mouth fell open, my whole entire whole just crashes down on me, the tears rolling down my cheeks, the faint sob coming from my lips as I pulled my knees up to my chest, but being careful because the baby.

I feel arms wrapping around me, I couldn't help but lean into them. I look up to see the car is pulled over, Artem and Ivan are in the backseat with me. "He won't ever lay a hand on you again, Nadia. We won't let him. He has to get through us first." This causes me to lean into Artem more, wrapping my arms around him. The tears gliding freely.

"I love you." I whisper, closing my eyes attempting to stop the tears. "We love you too, baby. So much." Ivan coos, swiping away my tears then kissing them away. Just like my dad used to do. I wrap my arms tighter around Artem, screwing my eyes shut.

This isn't happening. This is not happening. He cannot come between me and them. No. Over my dead body and theirs. I love them. Not him. It's their baby at heart, but Kane's physically. Kane will never be there for this little one, I flat out decline.

Artem and Ivan are my end game. End of story. "C-Can we reschedule..." I whisper feeling my heart starting to pound in my chest. "Yes." Artem says bluntly, rubbing his thick hand down and up my back, soothing me into a more calmer state of mind.

"You want to go home?" "Please."

* 30 MINUTES LATER *

After a long drive back home, we finally made it. I head straight upstairs to lie down, Ivan and Artem headed for their offices. I come to an halt. "Where the fuck do you think you're going?!" I yell, throwing up my hands. Artem and Ivan turn around arching their brows like they did nothing wrong.

"To work..?" "No." I groan. "You're coming to bed." "Baby-" "I said. You're. Coming. To. Bed. Didn't. I?" "Yes ma'am. Loud and clear." Artem whimpers stalking my way. Ivan stays frozen in place, eyes wide. "Ivan. Now." I snap my fingers, giving him my best death glare.

He gulps, heading towards me. I growl as he reaches me, I turn around quickly and head upstairs. Once I get in my room I plop down on the bed, pulling them next to me. They kiss my cheek in unison. "I love you." I whine,