Chapter 17

LA
2 weeks later

I sat looking on my balcony of my new condo, taking in the scenery with a lot of my mind. I haven't talk to Juan in a week, since he helped me moved because people were out to get me, for what though?

My life was normal just a year ago, before everyone found out I started dating De'juan. "Was this a mistake, is this really what I want to endure from being with him," I questioned myself? I tried to shake the feeling, but I just couldn't. I don't want to be running all my life because of what he does.

I got up and went inside, grabbing a glass pouring up some D'usse. I chugged the first glass, ignoring the burning sensation in my chest, then poured me another one.

I sat down back in my spot on the balcony, just drinking and thinking. My phone pinged, and I grabbed it seeing I had a text from Rilee.

Rilee: Hey, how you been? I hope I didn't scare you off.
Me: I'm okay, and no girl, just going through a lot at the moment. Sorry for going ghost.
Rilee: Okay, I'm here to listen if you want to talk. How about we meet up and hang?
Me: Sure, where?
Rilee: Let's go to dinner around 8:30. I'll send you the details.
Me: Okay

I put my phone down. It was 3:45pm now, so I decided to get up and run to the mall with Brittney. I called her and she immediately said yes.

------------------------------------------------------
"Omg, girl my godbaby will be so cute in this," I said picking up this onesie. It said, "my godmom don't play-doh." She smiled, "you only like it because what it says" she laughed. "WELL, DUH" I exclaimed picking it up and continue to look around.

"L.A, how are you babes? Like with everything that is going on," Brit questioned? I sighed, "Brit, I'm scared shitless. I don't know what to think, I've already been through too much. I just want a normal life," I stressed. She nodded, "I understand that, I'm scared too. I just wish they give up this life, especially Chad. We have a baby on the way. I don't want no danger coming towards our child, or me losing him and having to raise this baby alone," she stressed and sniffed. I gave her a hug. I knew all too well how she felt. I don't want to lose Juan either, but I can't keep running because of who he is and people hating him for god knows what.
----------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple hours of shopping with my best friend, I was finally home and started to do a little straightening up. I look around and grabbed the wine bottles and just poured them down the kitchen drain. I can't drink my sorrows away. Hopefully tonight be fun with Riley.

After I was satisfied, I hopped in the shower, and began washing my body. My thoughts consumed me. "I love you Laila," I still remember when De'juan first told me that. I smiled, he's literally everything I want, I need. I just wish things were different for us. A tear escape my eye, and I just cried. I wish things were different, why can't they be different?

After my mental breakdown, I finally finished cleaning myself. I straighten my blonde wig, and put on something simple. I didn't want her to think it's a date. I looked in the mirror satisfied, and this out explains my mood, because I really didn't have one.

I grabbed my keys and purse off the kitchen counter, locking the door as I headed out

I grabbed my keys and purse off the kitchen counter, locking the door as I headed out. I hopped in my car and listened to Kevin Gates "Difficult." This was my song, and he for sure bumped that. As I was heading to "Juicy Crabs," the place Rilee had picked, my phone rang and guess who's calling?

"Hello," I spoke into the speaker. Waiting on a response, I blew out my breath. "Juan, what is that you want, you called and cat got your tongue or something because like why aren't you saying shit," I said frustratingly. He sighed,  "my fault L.A., for everything. I know I been m.i.a, and I apologize. I don't want you in any danger, I love you too much to let something happen to you again," he said.

My heart melts every time he says it. " Isn't it a little too late for that Juan? I love you too, but I'm not just going missing in action because of a situation. Be a man and tell me what it is and what it ain't. Are we together or not, I need to know because my heart has been aching enough," I said quietly.  "Laila of course I want to be with you, of course... it's just, just last time you got hurt, and I can't stomach the thought if I lose you or almost lose you again," he said. "You're not going to lose me Juan, I'm here and as longs as you are trying, I'm staying," I stated.

"Mane, I love you so much girl. Where you at, I'm about to come through, I need to see you," he said. I smiled, "right now I'm heading to juicy crabs to meet up with Rilee," I stated. "Oh, the coochie eating girl, okay," he said. I chuckled, "I'll be through when I leave here," I exclaimed. He said bet, and with that we hung up and I was pulling into the restaurant.

I parked and got out, heading inside. I saw her sitting in the far back at a booth, no one was back there, but her.  I walked over to her, and she stood and gave me a hug.

"Hey boo, how are you," she smiled. I smiled back, "I'm okay I guess, and you?" Then the waiter walked up and we order our drinks and food since we already knew what we wanted. "I'm good girl, just been doing the same ole'," she stated. I just nodded because I didn't honestly know what her "same ole'" meant. She was smiling at me, and I just laughed. "Rilee, you act like you haven't saw me before girl, why you smiling so hard," I questioned giggling. "Laila, you just pretty that's all," she stated.

I nodded, and smiled a genuine smile. I was starting to think she liked me, but I didn't like her. Now I'm starting to feel bad. Our food came out, and we sat and ate. "What are you doing after this," she asked? "I'm going to go see my boyfriend," I stated. She sucked her teeth, and I honestly didn't know why. "Something in your teeth or," I questioned? "Oh, no girl. I didn't mean to do that. I was hoping we could go chill and watch movies," she said. "Rilee, if I'm not mistaking, I'm starting to think you like me or something," I questioned? She sighed, "I do," she said. I just looked at her. "Rilee, you know I like you as a friend, I have something special with De'juan. I hope you understand that," I stated. She got upset and slammed her utensil down. "LAILA, HE DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU! YOU NEED TO GET REAL WITH YOURSELF," she screamed. I looked at her and chuckled, softly sat my utensils down, grabbed my purse and walked out. I didn't have time. I regretted sleeping with her. I was drunk, and it didn't mean anything to me. "Omg, now I sound like a damn guy." I got in my car and headed to see Juan. Tonight was crazy. I was most definitely not seeing Rilee again. I blocked her number and her on all social media.

———————————————————————————-