Chapter 12

De'juan
De'juan was woken up to very bright lights in his face, so he closed his eyes back. "Son, are you awake," he heard his dad say. His throat was very dry, so he just nodded. "my baby is finally awake, thank you Jesus," his mom said.

Then the doctor walked in, "hello Mr. Jones. You are a fighter. Nobody thought you were going to make it, but you surely did prove us wrong. Here sip this water," the doctor said to him.

De'juan took a sip of the water, "what happened, why am I here" De'juan questioned.
"You were in a very bad car accident 3 weeks ago, and severely beaten" his mom stated. De'juan looked around, "so, I been in a coma for three weeks, where's Laila" he questioned?

The room got quiet. "Hello, where is Laila.. I remember her being the last person with me, where the fuck is she" he screamed hoarsely. The doctor told De'juan to calm down because his heart rate began to increase. He put more pain medicine in his IV and walked out the room.

"So, nobody can talk. Mom, dad, where's Laila" he questioned. "Whoever hit you and attacked you, took Laila. Son, we tried to find her, but haven't had any luck. I'm sorry son," his dad said. "WHAT THE FUCK YOU MEAN SOMEBODY TOOK HER," he yelled! "De'juan calm down baby, your dad has everyone on it, even Chad he's out the hospital. They are going to find her," his mother said.

That still didn't calm him down. "Fuck that," he said. He pressed the nurse call button, "come and take these damn machines off me, I'm leaving this bitch now"  I said.

"Son you can not leave this hospital," my dad said. "I'm not trying to here shit," I spat back. He just shook his head. "IF THAT WAS MOM, WOULD YOU GO OUT AND LOOK FOR HER, HUH KING," I questioned? "What type of fucking question is that, don't be disrespectful and call me king," he shot back! "WOULD YOU SAVE HER, HUH" I questioned again? "Of course I would, she's the love of my life" he yelled. "E-FUCKING-XACTLY, LAILA THE LOVE OF MINE," I retorted.

"ENOUGH, I'm tired of you guys arguing. "De'juan go save her, I know you could live with yourself if something happens to her," my mom said while hugging me.

The doctor and nurse walked in, "Mr. De'juan you're not in the condition to leave this hospital" he said. "UNHOOK THESE MACHINES," I yelled. "If you leave and something happens, that's on you not us because you are discharging yourself," he said. "Ain shit going to happen to me, unhook this shit," I retorted. He nodded, "the nurse will unhook your machines, just sign this paper then you are free to leave" he said. I signed the paper, and she began unhooking my machines, and taking the IV out.

"You're free to go," she said. I nodded, and got up from the bed, putting on the same clothes from my accident. "Take me by my house," I told my dad. "Okay, son" he said.

We finally made it to my condo after a forty five minutes of driving.
"After I drop your mom off at home, I'm back on it son" my dad said. I nodded, getting out his car slowly. I was still in a bunch of pain, but that pain didn't have my down, I had to find my girl.

I walked into the building getting straight in the elevator pressing 8. My went off and I answered.

"Hello" I said. I heard laughing "how does it feel not knowing where your 'Girl' at or who has her, don't worry I'll take good care of her."  "Just know when I find you, that's your last breath" I responded calmly. "Aight we'll see Prince" the voice said before hanging up.

I put my hand over my head becoming very frustrated. The elevator finally made it to my floor, and I got off going to my door. I unlocked it and walked in. I went straight to my shower, jumping in.