Chapter 6

Laila
6:00pm
Time was going by terribly slow. I have six more hours to be here. Today was slow, like literally slow. I have only saw a few patients today, when I usually see about 30 to 40. Well, I should be glad because when it's busy, it's very busy. I had thirty minutes of break left so, I was going to see what it was that Brittney had to tell me. I dialed her number and it rung a couple times until she finally answered.

"Hello", she answered.
"He bestfriend, what you doing," I asked?
"I'm doing fine. I was going to wait to tell you this, but I can't keep it a secret. I'm pregnant Laila, and I know I should be happy, but I am not. Chad and I aren't even together and to find out that I am pregnant. It's so surreal, and I can't even wrap my finger around all of this. I never thought I would get pregnant. I don't know what to think. I don't regret my baby, but I just hate I have to bring my child into this situation... this fucked up situation," she cried into the phone.
"Brittney, baby pick your head up. You might feel down right now, but this baby is a blessing. You aren't in this along, I got you bestfriend. You just dry those tears and stop stressing, so we can have a healthy baby. I don't like Chad at the moment, but something will come through for you and him. Just focus upon yourself, your health, and my godbaby, until something pushes through. I'm so happy for you bestfriend. Congratulations, and I got you" I responded.
I could hear her sniffing into the phone. "I love you so much bestfriend. What would I do without you? Thank you so much. I'm about to let you finish work, tomorrow lets have a girls day. I'm tired of the boy drama," she said.
"Okay, I love you more. It's a date bestfriend. Meet me at the nailshop at 12 tomorrow evening" I responded. She said okay and with that she hung up.

I got up and headed to the cafeteria to get me something to eat. I really didn't have an appetite, but I know I needed to eat something. As I got onto the elevator, my phone ding. A number I didn't know , text me and said , "don't forget you'll always be mine..." I just stared at the text. My mind went back to how Jacob popped up at the store the other day. "Is he stalking me, I need to get protection fast. There's no telling what he will do" I thought to myself. I sighed loudly and got off the elevator walking to the cafeteria. I grabbed a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing. I paid for it and sat down at one of the tables inside. My mood wasn't so good at all. I took bites of my salad, just eating and thinking, thinking and eating. Why is all this drama starting to come into my life all this sudden and I was not ready for this at all.
—————————————————————-
Unknown
I sat in my car just staring at the hospital Laila worked in. I was going to get her, and nobody wasn't going to stop me. "I don't know why you even like her stuck up ass," my sister Tay said to me. "Man, shut the fuck up. Aren't you messing around with her boyfriend anyways Tay," I asked. "Yes, and soon he will be only mine too after I off that bitch and that bitch ass bestfriend of hers" she said. "Nobody's is going to fucking touch Laila, not even you. How you want that nigga and you fucked his bestfriend,  that's nasty" I said shaking me head. She humped her shoulders and tapped away on her phone. It was now turning 12 meaning her shift is over. I got out my car and walked into the hospital. I sat in the waiting room and just waited for her to walk out. Twenty minutes later, she walked out looking tired but beautiful as ever. She was on the phone , "baby where are you" she said into the phone. I'm guessing that's the dude she date, but not for long. She looked over my way, and I quickly turned the opposite direction so she couldn't see. My phone vibrated: "he's outside". I walked out with my head over my head and quickly walked by his car as he got out to hug her. I looked at his license plate number and type it in my phone "666 DRJ" I got in my car and speed off. They didn't know what I was actually capable of. All hell was about to break loose.
————————————————————-
Laila
I walked outside and I felt like I was being followed. I looked around, but I didn't see anyone. "Baby why you looking like that," De'juan asked as he walked up and hugged me. I shook my head nothing and just brushed the feeling off. We walked to the car hand and hand. "How was work," he asked? "Long," I responded dry. He laughed, "it couldn't have been that bad" he said. "Yes it was, I was the only MA on the 4th floor today, so I had to do every little thing by myself while the nurses acted as if they run shit," I said with an eye roll. "It'll get better babe," he said. I nodded, and close my eyes and drifted to sleep.