Chapter 14

OMNISCIENT
"Laila, No!" De'juan screamed as the doctor and nurses rushed in pushing De'juan and Brittney out in the process. Brittney cried and cried, "De'juan I can't watch my bestfriend like this. This is all your fucking fault. My bestfriend loves you and this what she gets. Why would you put her in this predicament," Brittney screamed!

De'juan didn't answer, he just walked away. He knew what he did, but what done is done. He can't change it. All he can do is hope for the best.

Meanwhile in the room, the doctor was trying his best to revive Laila. She was just fine and in the blink of an eye, she goes into cardiac arrest.

"Get me the defibrillator now, we got to shock her" he exclaimed.
"CLEAR!"..... "CLEAR!" ... "CLEAR!"
15min. later

"We got her back," the doctor sighed in relief. Laila heart finally started beating again, but her eyes still wasn't opening. "Get another IV bag of fluids," the doctor told one of the nurses.

"Inject her with naproxen to ease her pain," he told the other nurse. They finally got Laila stabled after everything.

"Document high risk in her chart, and repeatedly check on her every hour," he told everyone. Everybody nodded and went to check on other patients while the doctor went to inform Laila family.

"Family of Laila Jones," he said as he walked into the waiting room. De'juan, Brittney, Chad, along with De'juan parents Pops and Jayda all walked up to the doctor.

"Laila went into cardiac arrest, but we managed to get her stabled. She'll be fine but right now she don't need any visitors. She's on high dosages of medicine and she needs rest," he said. Everybody nodded, "when can we see her," De'juan questioned?

"Maybe tomorrow," the doctor said. Everybody nodded, and the doctor walked away.

De'juan just stood there in the same spot. His mind was everywhere, he didn't know what to think. "Jr. Are you okay baby," his mom asked walking up to him. In that very moment, he just grabbed his mom and broke down.

She just hugged and comforted him. "Let it all out Jr. Everything will prevail. God has the last say so. Keep faith son, keep faith" she said to him while rubbing his back.

He finally calmed down. "Thanks ma, I love you. What would I do without you?" He asked. She smiled, "I love you just as much son," and walked towards the exit to go home.

"Son, we can postpone that trip," pops said. "Nah, don't worry about it. I'll be there," De'juan said. Pops nodded and followed behind Jayda.

Brittney stared off in space. Laila was her only friend and to see how like this was unbelievable. "Brit, baby L.A. gonna be straight baby. She's a fighter babe, you have to be strong," Chad tried to comfort Brittney.

She sighed, " I know. I just hate she's going through all this but I can't lose hope. My friend will be home out this hospital in no time," she said with a slight smile. Chad nodded and hugged Brittney tight.

They got up to walk out, and Chad stopped and hugged Juan while Brittney walked right past with a mug that could kill.

De'juan hugged his brother back, "Thanks bro, and tell Brittney I'm fix everything with Laila," he said. Chad nodded and they dapped and left.