Chapter 15

Laila
Finally, I can leave this hospital. I'm ready to get back to my normal life. My "dad", and De'juan was helping me get my things together to leave the hospital. "Okay, thank you guys, that's everything," I said. "Oh, and daddy," I said and both my dad and De'juan said "huh,"

"Not you Juan, my actual dad and I don't even call you that," I said rolling my eyes. He chuckled and smirk. Sometimes I can't stand him, we not even on good terms. "Yes baby girl," my dad said. "I'm riding you with if you don't mind," I said while smirking at Juan.

"Of course I don't mind," he said. De'juan smacked his teeth. My dad chuckled. "What's funny," Juan questioned? "The fact you're mad because my daughter wants to ride with me and not your punk ass," my dad said. I gasped, "dad I love you already," I said with a chuckle.
De'juan chuckled, "yea, whatever nigga," I chuckled. He was so salty. "You guys ready? Let's go," I said. I was so happy. I just couldn't wait to smell the fresh air. I walked outside, "Omg, the breeze, the beautiful sky, the smell of fresh air," I said smiling hard. "I bet you can taste it to huh," De'juan snickered. I cut my eyes at him, "just like you wish you could taste me," I responded. "Excuse me dad," I said. My dad chuckled and shook his head.

"Ah kee kee, I don't hear a laugh Prince," I said. He kept walking like I thought he would. I just can't with him. He starting to get on my damn nerves now that we are taking a break.

———
After my dad dropped me off, and him and Juan help me get back settled in, I began to catch up on school work. I needed too, this little set back didn't break me, it made me and I will be graduating on time. My phone went off, but I didn't answer it. It just kept dinging, making it hard to concentrate, so I check it to see who it is and what they needed.

De'juan 😒
Baby girl, just checking up even thou I help you get settled in, still just making sure you're straight 4:17

Laila, you straight? No reply.  4:20

Laila, fuck it. I missed you. I don't want to be your friend. I need my girl back🥺. 4:23

Baby, I love you. 4:30

I know you like oh, he a pussy. Nah, baby I'm just soft for you lol. 4:36

I was tickled, he is so cute. I love that he's trying thou. I finally replied after, I did most of my work.

You're so cute, I love it🥰 . Sent 5:35

Let me get up and find me something to eat. I looked in my refrigerator, scanning to see what was I going to make myself. I needed a home cooked me because eating that hospital food was not what's up. I know I lost some weight in that motherfucker. 

I guess I'll make shrimp pasta. I began prepping everything when my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID and it was my bestfriend Brittney.
"Open the door," she said then hung up.

I smiled so big. I opened the door and she was struggling to hold food. I smiled, and helped her bring it into the kitchen. She had cabbages, cornbread, neck bones, and a pan of lasagna. My mouth watered looking at all this good food. I turned and gave her a hug while fake crying. She laughed, "girl, I threw down for you. I know you haven't had a good home cooked meal." I nodded my head and looked at her stomach. "Omg, babes you're getting big. You're stomach perfectly round. Omg," I said while rubbing her belly.

"Yup, I'm almost 5 months. Chad knows what we're having, but I don't," she said pouting. "He's throwing a gender reveal, but honestly I don't want one. I just want to shop for my baby," she said. I nodded. I don't blame her. If I was pregnant, I wouldn't want a gender reveal or baby shower.