Chapter 14 -Warning

Lydia

After a few minutes, as I felt the force of bloodlust had calmed down. I undressed my wet clothes and put them aside before I dumped myself again, naked this time. I don't want to hurt my unofficially-for-now boyfriend just because I'm hungry.

This is one of the reasons why I can't be normal people. Because you only met someone and the next minute you tried to kill them. The sickest part is, it happened by nature. Is not like you meant it that way.

Feeling calm and relaxed. I put a few drops of scented oil into the water as I found it at the side of the bathtub. The aromatherapy works so well, probably because it's expensive.

Everything here was expensive, marble bathtub and sink, full of vegetarian hygiene products. Afterwards, I applied vanilla shower foam onto my palms and started massage all over my body. It smells good.

I washed off with the shower heads and got out. I don't care about my damp hair but now it smells something new and different when I washed it with an almond milk shampoo.

Brushed my teeth when I'm done wrapping myself with a towel. Dried my hair for two hours blowing it with the hairdryer. Slipped on my V-neck white shirt matched with Forever 21 hoodie and purple Hush Puppies slim cut jeans.

Make my hair a ponytail. It's quite troublesome but, I manage to tie the knot in a complex pattern so I could have a smaller braid. Since Daniel liked it so much, I didn't bother myself to make it every day.

Ray was already eyes closed on the couch in the living room. I walked to the kitchen and found the inexplicable double doors refrigerator. No signs of Ace, where the hell is he?

My stomach growled, despite now I've already that close to sink my fangs to the throat of the boy I loved, it's only better if I could load my human digestive system and hopefully would slow the bloodlust down.

I opened the door, cold and frosty vapour blasted out from the freezer, everything in here was fresh and...

"Who are you?" A raw, stern voice put me in full of attention. He looked like the '30s or '40s around that age. His hair was silvery platinum grey and a snowy beard. He eyed me curiously.

I caught a glimpse of luggage that he had on his hand, probably from a long trip. "What are you doing in Mr Foster's house?" He asked again. "Are you a friend of Daniel's?"

Then, Daniel appeared from the kitchen door. "Damon, were you on vacation to see your daughter?" A look on his face directly tells me that his presence surprised him too. "Yes, but I came back. My vacation's over" he replied.

"Is she a girlfriend of yours?" The question makes me blushed in embarrassment. Girlfriend huh? Is he always brings all of his girlfriends to his house? He could be more frivolous and flirtatious than I expected. Seems to me our charming boy wasn't so holly after all.

He smirked at me before answer, "Yeah, she is" He said it without hesitation. "I would like to introduce her to my parents" he explained. He winked at me. He's so playful...

"I thought Mr and Mrs Fosters wouldn't very pleased to receive a guest when they not home-" Daniel cut him before he could finish his sentence. "Yeah, I'll explain to my mother later, it won't be a problem. I promise" he assured him.

"Well then, if anything happens. It's on you" he warned. "Will do" Daniel nodded. Thank god, he didn't offend when I pushed him earlier. "What do you want for dinner tonight?" His voice was ready for request.

"Lobsters and oysters, something seafood if you don't mind" Daniel put his hands in his pockets. A very cool and boyish gesture.

Damon took his luggage and walked past me.

"Your chef?" I asked soon as Damon disappeared. "Yeah, one of the kind" he replied. "You can cook?" He stared down at the ingredients that I put on the table.

I decided to make blueberry pancakes. "Just something simple" Now, I need to use my cooking skills today. It's been a long time I haven't craved human food.

That got me thinking back at Weaverheld, some humans students specialised in blood supplies, they usually produce us the essentials, facilities. They come to Weaverheld for nothing.

There's a reason why we accept human student, in exchange they will provide us with what we need. Human students who obsessed with vampires volunteered themselves to give us blood.

Some of them who mated with vampires will do anything for them, including let them drink their blood every month.

They didn't die but, it was sickening for me even to think about it. Some of them turned themselves, some of them suck them dry until school need to come out with a logical explanation to clarify their death cause or make their human's parents expandable. Killed them. Our school had many dirty secrets, this is one of them.

Two hours later, I found myself sitting on the table with a plate of blueberry pancakes. I laid the notepad and fetched my black felt-tipped pen.

Reopen the page one by one. Destinations, phone numbers- mostly friends, bodyguards and so-called allies. Crossed one by one, disappeared, dead or gone in the year after year.

I've got less than 30 names that still available. If you running for your lives every day, how long did you think you gonna last? I took a bite of my pancake.

Whip cream smeared at the corner of my lips. I went to the phone that attached to the wall near the kitchen and pressed a few numbers.

"3422-" I mumbled as I pressed a few last digits. "908..."

The phone rang within a few seconds. A deep, trembled voice echoed in my ears...

"LYDIA!!!RUN!!!" It screamed. Sending a wave of internal fear through my heart.

Hey there, so how is it? If you want to tell me anything, anything at all just dm me. Pls, acknowledge me if I'm making a few grammatical errors so I could edit it later.

Don't forget to read, comment, and vote! Love ya.