Chapter 27- Kristophe

Kristophe

I just stared down the chained that locked my wrists. I've been hung to the wall for hours beside Laurent's throne, like Jesus- tortured, for almost a day.

I just hope the wound all over my body will heal as soon as possible, or the bruises on my wrist won't hurt that much.

I lived for centuries, my healing ability was better than anyone. That's the fact.

I didn't shed a tear or screamed my lungs out, even though I was that close when they burned the hell of my face under the sun.

Now my face smelled like roasted chicken, black, blistered. From the side of my face to the shoulder and half of my chest, burned like papers.

My shoulder was dislocated, and my arms stretched wide that it might rip off my body. Dammit.

"You know what, Kristophe? There's is a day that I thought Isabelle was much better with you instead of me. If she did, she might be still breathing" Laurent spoke.

"Don't you dare to say her name. Ever!" I growled. How dare he? He killed her and he could just bring up the subject to get my nerves!

A freaking psycho!

Down worry. Soon that mouth will shut the hell up! You chop his head off and shove the blade down his throat!

That would do.

"Yeah, I know for a fact that you take care of Lydia because she reminded you of her so much. Did she? She looked just like her...."

"Shut up!" I screamed and swore. "Get away from her! You are no match for Lydia" I spat sarcasm. He has never been her father, not even that close.

He was her sworn enemy.

Then, I heard a loud bang.

A walking girl, maybe. I don't know, I couldn't see anything after got beaten like crap.

After it got closer and closer...

I saw a bloodied shirt, brown hair and a Nightshade sword strapped at the back.
Her mouth...her mouth stained with blood.

Whose blood?

I think about who she been with for the last time. I gasped. Oh no...

This is so terrible.

"Lydia..." I called.
_________________________________________

I couldn't believe my eyes, please tell me that it wasn't what it is what I think it is.

"I'm sorry" Lydia apologised after she gets what's written on my face. "I didn't mean to" she finished. She looked down the floor with a sorrow and remorse mask.

I didn't say anything, just stared at her with a slight of guilt. Isabelle will be so disappointed.

"My dear, it all nature. You shouldn't feel bad for yourself" Laurent said.

Lydia fell to her knees and tears roaming down her cheeks.

"I killed him," she said. "I killed him" she repeated like a mantra. She almost lost her mind.

"Lydia, you need to focus!" I tried to snap her mind of it. "Remember who your real enemy is," I said. I understand because it was her first human kill, I felt the same way too.

But the more time we waste, the more people will be killed by this murderer.

"Lydia" I inhaled. "Finish him".

" That's fine," Laurent replied. He looked forward before begin, "But, make sure you finish him after you killed me..."

And my eyes widen after he spoke.