Chapter 29- Honour

Most of us back at Weaverheld middle of the night and trying our best to ignore the dead bodies of werewolves that scattered on the floor.

It took me 10 minutes to wash the blood off me, leaning against the wall with a sleepy mind. I couldn't think of anything else besides getting some sleep and figure out what to do next in the morning.

I woke up to know there's a served breakfast next to me on the nightstand. A glass of milk and blueberry pancakes. I opened the note that laid on the tray and it's all written there:

Eat up, we had a lot to talk about. I wanted to make things clear.

Kristophe.

Of course, I recognise his old-fashioned handwriting and his straightforward note. It must be him. It felt like I woke up on another planet. Why not?

I just wanted to kill him but changed my mind last minute and now I about to confront him. Again.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth. Slipped my PJs and jeans and tuck in my breakfast. It tasted good while it is still warm, it gives me an entirely different mood.

When I finished and I wiped the milk cream on my lips, I took a moment to clean my bruises. Soaked the sponge into the bowl of hot water and brushed my body. Spread a bit of antiseptic to prevent the infection and wrapped it with a bandage.

I went down to the library where Kristophe would be and found him in the living hall. Sitting on the sofa and looking still good after all the scarred wounds.

He looked at me bluntly, like he kept a secret meaning to the stare. Maybe because I looked a lot like my Mom.

"Hey, Lydia".

"Krist" I replied bitterly. The urge to kill him was still there that I could feel it. It took me a lot of effort to hold it back.

I sat down, crossed my legs and leaned back. The whole situation feels tensed.

"Cup of tea?" Kristophe tried his best to sound casual and take it easy, even we both knew it wasn't anywhere near easy.

"Sure" I responded anyway. All of this coming clean just can be so depressing.

I took the teacup from him and placed it on my lap. It's still warm when I took a sip.

Kristophe inhaled deeply before begin, "I don't know how to tell you this but..." He shifted on his position and instead of leaning back, he came closer to me.

More serious this time.

"I loved you mother..."

You better be. That word form itself in my head as soon he said that. It's the anger that I need to control or I might strangle him now and then.

"It's devastated me when she chose your father-" I tensed as I gave him a deadly stare. He should know better about one person that I wanted to forget.

"Sorry- Laurent, over me," my muscle relaxed. The knot in my limp just loosened. My shoulder slumped.

"She made her choice" I stated.

"She did," Kristophe assured. "I respect that, no issues there. But I just some sort of hoping that I could move on to another woman but I couldn't", he shrugged and ran a finger through his hair.

"I gave her choice and a second chance to start a life with me the night before she married Laurent. I warned her as well I could make it sound easy to her. She didn't listen. I walked away but now I hoped I could do better to protect her," his blue eyes stared down at me.

"After that, I decided to not having anything with your mother".

That's still fine. My mom could be fooled by Laurent's words, he was a snake.

"I heard a conversation of Laurent and Ravenna, his second wife. She suspected that Laurent having an affair" that word caught my attention.

"Who is she? I never know her,"

"She's your stepmother. She had a daughter the same age as you. She went insane when she knew she was betrayed. She divorced not long ago and never seen your father ever again".

It's getting a bit interesting.

"She's the one that threatened your mother. Your mother knew she was pregnant, and she foolishly asked Laurent to kill her instead of Ravenna".

" If Laurent loved her he damn right won't do that".

"That's right. And I just knew that when I followed him that night, just to know your mother dying on a table holding you. Laurent stabbed her as soon she gave birth to you".

"She apologised and begged me to save you. I could have saved her either but my body just froze. I just thought she deserved it-" I curled a fist and the nails digging to my skin.

Deserved it? She was young.

"She didn't know what she was doing".

"And soon I realised that and tried to let her drink my blood, she was gone. I thought it would give me peace to take care of you, and protect you as I failed miserably to do that to your mother".

"Did it give you peace?"

"Sadly no. I can't wash off the guilt but it does give me purpose to live-" he paused before added. "And something to be proud of".

He looked into my soul and finally said, "Forgive me".

"It's all in the past. Not worth mention it" I put to an end.
_________________________________________

After all the drama, we made a proper funeral for Daniel's parents. It's an honour. I intend to pick white roses for the right choice.

"Collin Foster and Anna Foster, may your soul rest in peace," I said as I stared down at two tombstones.

I don't know how to pray but Father O'Malley has got it covered. Thank God.

"Where's Daniel?" I asked as soon as I realised.

"He's fine in the hospital. He's just bedridden for almost a week. You can visit him later" Kristophe replied.

"I wish he was here, it could mean a lot to him".

And a day passed through.

I don't know if sacrificing your time with writing on Wattpad instead of study for your exam was a good choice. Don't answer that. 🤣🤣🤣

What to do? You got to finish what you started, anyway I hope you enjoy it and the story is about to come to last. Wait for the last chapter.

Read, comment and vote! Love ya!