'One day'

This chapter contains sexual content ;)

When I get to the girls room they're eating in silence, sniffles present in the room and the mood a lot darker than usual. When they see me they smile and light up a bit, but nothing compared to their usual excitement.

"How's the pizza?" I ask, grabbing a piece, knowing they'd barely be able to eat four pieces together.

"It's yummy." Olivia answers. Though after her response she goes back to before. I sigh, knowing they need comfort.

I put down the piece of Pizza and scoot up to the bed frame, holding my arms out.

"Come here." I say and without a word they crawl over, settling themselves next to me. I peck their heads and they rest on my chest. We stayed like that for about five minutes, and I think they had fallen asleep but a knock on the door jolted them.

I can't really move right now so I call out to the person, 100 percent hoping it's Harry.

"Come in." I answer softly.

My wishes don't come true when I see our father there.

"Leave." I say firmly, not letting him into the threshold of the room.

"I just want to ap-"

"Say what you want in the morning, they're tired and don't need to cry anymore. If you do not leave this room right now I will kick you out." I don't let my voice falter as the girls snuggle closer when the man came into our room.

He nods, still looking pretty angry. He can fuck off.

Before he can leave I stop him.

"I have a friend over, if you hear another voice it's him." He doesn't say anything, just accepts it and walks out.

The girls don't say anything either, just slowly let themselves go into a deep sleep in my arms. As their breaths get more even and eyelids flutter close, I wonder what Harry is doing.

My wonders are no longer that when another, softer knock is heard. I tell the person to come in and smile when I see Harry.

He looks a lot better, no longer seeming scared and tiny. Still the fear in his eyes remains but it's the best he can do.

"Hey, I was just about to tuck them in." I whisper, not letting the girls wake up. He nods and has an adoring smile as he looks at us.

"Are they alright?" He asks softly, concerned about painting his eyes as he looks at the girls in my arms.

"Honestly, I don't think so. They weren't themselves which year is expected, but I don't know I feel like there's something more to it. Like, they don't stay mad or sad for too long. Usually they'd be okay like half an hour tops but. Ugh I don't know."

I finish my rant off with a groan and Harry chuckles.

"Just talk to them, love, you'll figure it out." He gives me a warm smile that washes away my worries.

"Yeah." I whisper looking at them, "I will." Harry takes my leg in his lap and starts to rub my ankles, making my heart flutter and the gesture. Though that flutter is short-lived when his hand sneaks to the bottom of my foot, my leg jerks back and I use my best ability to stifle a laugh. It's obvious what Harry's intentions were when I can see him biting his lip.

"Stop or I will kick you." I say, my voice wavering and It ends with a silent laugh. I gently kick him, minding his injuries.

"You're gonna wake them." I whisper, though it doesn't sound very convincing when I have a stupid smile on my lips.