I Wanna Be Free

Brendon's Point of View *

The weekend went by all too fast and Ryan never called or texted me. But it didn't surprise me.

Why would he? After the way I treated him since we were in ninth grade.

"Brendon, get up and get ready for school." My mom called through my door.

I walked over and opened it.

"Already ahead of you." I said. She smiled and walked back down the stairs. I made sure I had my phone and house key before I started walking to school. My dad took my license and car keys and locked them in his lock box because I got a ticket for speeding. That was two months ago and he won't give them back.

I looked out the window. And of course it was raining.

"Mom, can you give me a ride to school? It's raining." I walked into the kitchen and she was just getting her jacket on.

"I'm sorry, Brendon. I can't, I'm already running late." She grabbed her keys from the counter, along with her purse and headed to the front door. "See if one of your friends can pick you up. I love you, have a good day at school." And she was gone out the door.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I said to myself. Thanks a lot dad, for taking away my driving privileges. Asshole.

I ran back to my room and found my red hoodie and put it on, pulling the hood over my head and making sure my hair wasn't going to get wet and I left for school.

"Fucking awesome."

Ryan only lives a block away from me, I should try and get a ride with him.

But who am I kidding? He isn't going to give me a ride, not even in the rain. He hates my guts and I don't blame him. Ryan and I met when we started high school. We said hi a few times and then he started acting weird whenever he saw me. He'd get nervous and shy. He would never say much.

And then Gerard had to go through his things and embarrass him. Not that I didn't have a part in it, too. Which I feel terrible about. After he ran away from everyone, I picked up the paper I threw at him and I've had it ever since. I read it over and over again, almost every day and now I know it by heart.

Brendon,

I know we aren't friends, but I just thought you should know that I think you're cute and I kind of have a huge crush on you. I don't know if you like me, or guys in general, but please don't hate me for telling you. Maybe we could be friends? That would be nice.

xoxo, Ryan.

Thanks Gee, for ruining a possible relationship I could have had with Ryan.

The rain was coming down a little harder and there was a flash of lightening and a clash of thunder.

"Maybe I should have called a cab." I said talking to myself.

Just then a black four door SUV like truck pulled up next to me on the side of the road. I stopped and looked at the person driving.

Ryan.

"Do you want a ride?" He asked rolling down the window.

"Yes! Please!" I quickly got into the passenger seat, almost soaking wet. "Sorry if I get your seat wet." I said closing the door.

"Don't worry about it." He began driving and I wasn't sure if I should try and talk to him or not.

"I'll drop you off at the doors," he said when we got close to the building. "don't want you to get picked on for being seen with me." I could sense the hurt in his voice, along with the sarcasm.