Things Have Changed

Been a while, eh?

—-

Brendon's Point of View ;

"So I ended up falling on my ass in front of everyone and spilling hot coffee all over me." Dallon laughed. He's got an amazing laugh. Almost as amazing as Ryan's.

"I would have died." I bursted out laughed at Dallon's story of when he thought it'd be a good idea to run across an ice patch.

"I thought I was going to." Dallon and I get along so well. I catch myself staring at him a little more than I should, but I can't help it. His eyes are stunning and he's just so tall! He laughs a lot and likes to make people smile. He just seems like a chill guy. And that's awesome.

"It's getting kinda late, I'm gonna head home." Spencer stood up from the drumset and grabbed his keys and phone from the stool next to him. I looked up at the clock on the wall. Holy shit! It really is late. I suddenly remembered that Ryan was here, but when I looked out of the soundproof window, I didn't see him anywhere. Maybe he's waiting in the car.
Dallon and I said bye to Spencer and started packing up our own things when my phone started ringing.

It was a number I didn't know and I wasn't going to answer it, but I accidentally tapped the green button instead of the red one. Fuck!
"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Mr. Ross?" A woman asked from the other line.

"Can I ask who's calling?" 

"This is Jen from Las Vegas Region Hospital," the hospital? Why's the hospital calling me? "you're husband, Ryan is in the emergency room. He's asked that we contact you and inform you of his whereabouts."

"Why's he in the hospital? What happened?" By now I was looking everywhere for my fucking keys which seemed to have disappeared. Dallon was giving me a questioning look but I was more focused on what the woman was saying and getting to the hospital.

"We'll fill you in as soon as you get here." And then she hung up. Who the fuck just hangs up on you when you're goddamn husband is in the hospital! What the fuck is going on!?

"What's up?" Dallon asked with concern in his voice.

"Ryan's in the fucking emergency room. I didn't even know he was gone." I was angry now because Ryan never told me he was leaving and I have no fucking clue what happened to him for him to end up there. I found my keys, which were in my pocket, of course, and I took off out the door with Dallon behind me.

"'ll go with you." We got in my car and sped off down the road to the hospital.

I wasted no time in getting out of the car and tossing my keys to the valet guy.

"Ryan Ross." I said to the lady at the emergency room desk. She looked at me and then started typing away on her keyboard "Can you tell me what happened?"

"Are you family?" She clearly hates her job, I can tell by the tone of her voice.

"I'm his husband!" Now just tell me what the fuck happened!

She stared for a second before looking to the computer again.

"He was jumped. Someone called him an ambulance." She spoke in a bored tone, not giving a shit that my Ryan is probably hurt.

"Can I just go see him please?" Do I have to beg? Come on! One of the girls that was standing behind the counter smiled and motioned for me to follow her to the back. I hadn't even realized Dallon was behind me until he was telling me to calm down.