The Fear of Falling Apart

Ryan's Point of View *

Brendon and I were up and getting ready for school.

After 2:30, it's just me and Brendon for the rest of the weekend.

"Are you almost ready?" Brendon asked popping his head into the bathroom.

"Yeah, almost done." I was applying my eyeliner. Like I do every morning. I don't know why I liked wearing it so much, I just did. Made me feel different.

"You look cute." He said before leaving. I smiled to myself and finished up, walking back to Brendon's room.

"Thank you," I said stuffing my eyeliner in my bag. "you do, too." 

"Okay, we gotta go. We're already running a little late." We grabbed our stuff that we were taking to the cabin with us, our school stuff and we took off down the stairs and out the door.

When we got in the car, Brendon hurried and started the car, backing out of the driveway.

"Bren wait!" I yelled. He stomped on the breaks and looked at me scared to death.

"What!?" He said confused.

"I didn't give you a good morning kiss." I smiled, leaning in to kiss him. He kissed back and I pulled away.

"You nearly gave me a damn heart attack." He said pulling out of the driveway.

"Sorry." I laughed.

It's not a long drive to school, but it was quiet. I kept replaying in my mind what we did last night and my stomach was getting crazy with butterflies. 

"What's got you so happy?" Brendon asked. I looked over to see him glancing at me. I didn't even realize I was smiling.

"Just thinking about stuff." I said looking back out the window.

"Last night?" He blurted out.

"Maybe." We got to school and everyone was outside just standing there. There was a few cop cars and an ambulance. 

"What the fuck?" Brendon said almost in a whisper.

"Don't pull in the parking lot. Just pull over here or something." He pulled over so both of us could still see and then a news van pulled up and a woman got out holding a microphone.

"What the fuck is going on?" Brendon said again, pulling out his phone. 

"Who are you calling?" I asked.

"Jon, he usually gets here early, he might know what's going on." Brendon dialed his number and put the phone on speaker so I could hear too.

"Hey man, where are you?" Jon answered.

"Across the street from the school, do you know what the hell happened?" Brendon asked keeping his eyes focused on the crowded school.

"Spence and I got here like twenty minutes ago and not long after that, some girl came running out of the auditorium screaming her fucking head off like someone was trying to kill her. A bunch of teachers and Mrs. Clark went in there and some of them came out freaking out. They won't tell anyone what happened, but the girl that was in there, I over heard her telling her friends that someone was hanging from the catwalk. No one knows who it is." Holy fucking shit Christ.

"Holy shit! No fucking way. Where are you guys?" Brendon asked.

"Like right in front of the doors. Their about to bring the body out on the stretcher, lemme see if I can see who it is." Jon paused and that's when I could see him by the door, leaning over and moving to try and identify the person. "Nope, they got 'em in a black coroners bag."