Lie To The Truth

Ryan's Point of View *

Brendon called me shortly after he got home and talked to his parents.

He said they wanted to meet me and have dinner tonight, but my dad woke up when I was about to walk out the door and said I had to stay home because it's a school night.

It'll be nice when I turn eighteen and can leave when ever the fuck I want.

Me: He won't let me leave. I tried a few times. Not happening. 

I texted him an fell back on my bed. It's barely 6:30 and I'm stuck at home when I got the chance to go to Brendon's. It's not like I'm not use to being home all day, but I really wanted to get out.

Brendon: Wow, what a douche. You're not busy this weekend are you? 

No, Brendon. I have no life.

Me: You really just asked that? No, I'm not. Why? 

I missed Brendon. This is all still new to me, but for once in my life, it feels right. Brendon feels right. I wonder what it would have been like if I gave him the note myself. I wonder if we would have been together back then. Gerard just had to ruin everything. Thanks a lot, Mr. Way. 

Brendon: We're going back to the cabin. So pack some stuff. And we can take my car. My dad gave me my keys and licence back (:

I bet he's happy about that.

Me: Okay. It'll just be us again? 

Stupid question. I'm sure his parents aren't going to spend a weekend with two teenage boys. That are gay.

Brendon: Yes, just you and me (; wish we could stay forever though.

That would be nice. Just me and Brendon far away from everyone. Alone. 

Me: Maybe some day. 

"Ryan, get down here!" I heard my dad yell from down stairs. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed but Brendon texted back.

Brendon: Are you saying you wanna marry me, Ross? 

I couldn't help but smile at his question. I set my phone on my bed and went to see why I was being summoned. 

"Yeah?" I reached the end of the hall to find my dad sprawled out on the couch.

"Get me a beer from the fridge, would ya." Because I'm a waiter, right?

"Sure." I didn't want to argue. Or be hit again, so I did what he wanted me to. The whole bottom shelf of the fridge was filled with beer bottle and a few cans. I grabbed a bottle and took it to him. "Here." I said.

"Thanks, son." He sat up to take a drink and I was on my way back to my room. "Sorry about your eye." I stopped before reaching the hall and turned around. He was still facing the TV as if he didn't say anything.

I shook my head and went to my room, closing and locking my door behind me.

I heard the vibration of my phone. Someone was calling me. I picked it up to see it was Brendon and I smiled.

"Hello?" I answered.

"I didn't mean to make you mad at me for saying that." He said worried.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"The text I sent after you said maybe some day. You never replied, I thought you were mad." I laughed because he sounded serious and upset.