Mission Complete

Brendon's Point of View ;

Ryan and I found someone to be a surrogate and she agreed to do it.

The doctor called a few days ago and said they successfully completed the mission and we could come in to meet the surrogate and whatnot.

So we're on our way to do that now. Ryan's been smiling the whole way there so far. It's he cutest thing.

"Your face is gonna be stuck like that if you keep smiling." I said with a small laugh.

"I thought you liked my smile?" He frowned.

"I do, but it'll be kind of awkward when we have sex and that smile is stuck on your face. I won't be able to take you seriously." 

"Fuck off." He muttered, turning into the parking lot.

"Calm down, I was kidding. You can smile like that for the rest of your life and I'd still have sex with you." I leaned over the console and kissed his cheek. "Let's go!" I said excitedly. He turned the car off and we got out and went into the office to sign in.

We only waited fifteen minutes before we were called back.

The woman we chose was sitting in a chair opposite of the chairs Ryan and I sat in.

"You must be Brendon and Ryan?" She smiled.

"Yeah, I'm Brendon." I said with a smile. "And this is Ryan."

"I'm Carrie." We talked a little about babies and stuff and finally the doctor came in.

He told us what would happen, like how the baby would be implanted into Carrie's uterus or something like that and that it only takes about twenty minutes.

"We can go get started." We followed him down the hall into an exam room.

"Wait, are we allowed to go in?" I asked.

"I don't mind." Carried said with a smile. She changed into a gown first and then we went in and the doctor showed us what he was going to do. Obviously, we didn't look at her private parts. That's just weird. 

"If this one doesn't implant, we can do it again with another fertilized egg." He said. 

"Can you tell us which of our sperm you managed to turn into an egg?" Ryan asked. I never even thought to ask.

"Brendon's." Figures.

"It's because I'm feminine, isn't it?" 

"It's your hips." Ryan laughed. "You have mom hips." 

I stuck my tongue out at him. The doctor finished the procedure and said for Carrie to take a pregnancy test in the next three to four weeks. It takes that long? Jeez!

We invited her over for dinner, since she'll be carrying out child. Hopefully.

"So are we making dinner tonight or getting take out and making it look like we made dinner?" Ryan asked.

"I can cook. Remember when I made us dinner when we went to the cabin? When we first started hanging out?"

"Yeah, I remember." He smiled and looked out the window. "We should go there soon. After the album is finished and whatnot. We could go before you have to leave for the tour." He sounded sad.

"We can. But you're coming on tour with me right?"

"Well, yeah, I want to. But what if the egg implants and she gets pregnant? I would hate to leave her here alone, you know?" He has a point. That would be rude of us. Leaving her to be pregnant and alone and both fathers are gone until who knows when.