This Title is Good Enough

Brendon's Point of View* 

It's been a year since the album came out and we started touring.

A whole damn year.

And it's been the best year of my life. I love being up on that stage and hearing the fans scream my name.

My favorite part though, is dirty dancing, or trying to, with Ryan. He tells me not to because it might give us away and ruin our career. He pushes me away most of the time, or just backs up so there's a distance between us. We just finished a show in Portland, and we have two more to go before the tour is done. When we got on the bus, we were already headed to Vancouver for our show tomorrow night.

"I just wanna sleep." Ryan complained. 

"Two more shows babe," I said rubbing his shoulders. "then we can sleep all day and all night and not leave the house."

"Bren, we don't have a house." Oh yeah.

Mom got pissed off because I stopped doing my school work and focused more on the band. So she said I can't stay there anymore. Because I have my priorities all mixed up.

"Well, we'll figure something out." We made a lot of money from people buying the albums and coming to the shows, plus all the band merch. More money than I know what to do with. So we can rent an apartment or something. That'll work.

"I'm going to bed." Ryan stood up from the couch and went to the bunk room. I stayed up to talk to Jon and Spencer, but they seemed to be too occupied with each other. So I guess I'll just go to bed, too.

Ryan was in the bottom bunk that we shared unless he was throwing a fit and made me sleep in my own. I pulled my shirt and jeans off and climbed in with him.

"Baby." I said, dragging it on. He rolled over and stared at me.

"What?" He asked with somewhat of an attitude.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked confused.

"I'm exhausted. You're being mean and not letting me sleep." 

"I was just gonna give you a kiss and say goodnight." He leaned forward and kissed me before turning back to face the wall.

"Night, love you." He said sleepily. I laughed.

"I love you too, Ry. Night." I wrapped my arm around him and fell asleep.

-

Here we are, on stage in Vancouver, and we're nearly ending the show.

I'm just singing my little heart out waiting for the next song because it gives me more of an excuse to grind on Ryan. 

"I want every single one of you to sing along with me to this next song, whether you know the words or not, you'll learn today!" The crowd went wild and I started singing.

"Is it still me that makes you sweat?
Am I who you think about in bed?
When the lights are dim and your hands are shaking as you're sliding off your dress..." 

I kept singing, and I looked at Ryan just standing there with his mouth slightly open and his fingers working the strings on his guitar. I smirked at him and saw a small grin on his face and he looked away. I got past the chorus and walked up to Ryan, face to face and sang to him.

I pressed myself against him the best I could without interfering with his guitar, and of course he backed away from me, shaking his head.

I gave him a disappointed look and moved back to the middle of the stage and looked to the crowd. Most of them were singing along and some of them looked like they were struggling with keeping up.