EPISODE 5: THE VOID

It was the day before cwc shoot. Arvind got a call from an unknown number .....

*(phone ringing)

Arvind: Hello?

Unknown: Hi sir. I am Eniyan. I am currently an upcoming director and I have watched your short films as well as your album song. I would love to work with you on my new music video song. The shoot will be held tomorrow that is if you are interested in this project sir. I have sent the song to your Whatsapp sir. If you like the song, then we can work on this. The music director is very talented and I would appreciate it if you listen to his composition before agreeing.

Arvind: Alright sure. I'll get back to you in a while.

Unknown: Thank you, sir.

Arvind heard the song and his face immediately lit up. The song was simply mesmerising be it the lyrics or the tune. Everything fell in place and Arvind was sure that he wanted to take up this project. He immediately called up the director.

*(phone ringing)

Eniyan: Hello sir! Did you listen to the song?

Arvind: Yes, I did. and I was splendid. Thank you for giving me this opportunity sir! And yes, I would love to work with you. By the way, where is the shooting?

Eniyan: The shooting is in Hyderabad sir. I'll send you the location.

Arvind: Ok sir! I'll meet you tomorrow then. Thank you for the offer.

Eniyan: Welcome sir!. Bye.

Arvind: Bye.

Arvind cut the call and he suddenly remembered that tomorrow is cwc shoot. ''Hachoo nalaiki shhot iruke, appo na Ravi kitte nalaiki na shoot ke varamudiyathu ne inform pananum.

*(Phone ringing)

Ravi: Macha.

Arvind : Hello macha oru vishayam?

Ravi: Soluda.

Arvind: ille acha enakku oru album song offer vanthuruku. Nalaiki Hyderabad le shooting poganum da.Naliki nambe cwc shooting vara mudiyathu da...( disappointed tone)

Ravi: Dei athelam paruvale da.ne shoot muduchite relax pane. Ivlo naal kalachi unake opportunity kedaichirike. Miss panada da super ah poi panu. Na inge ealrukum inform panidere.Bye da. All the best.

Arvind: Bye da.Thank you so much.

Ravi: Bye macha.

SHOOT DAY

Arvind was feeling underwhelmed

Arvind was feeling underwhelmed. He didn't feel like dressing up, so he lazily picked up an olive-green T-Shirt and a pair of faded grey jeans. After deciding on what to wear, he went to bathe and got ready. His dressing is never complete without his watch collection, so, he paired up his outfit of the day with his white strap watch. Arvind was in no mood to have breakfast today, so he decided to skip breakfast. He headed downstairs to take his car keys and headed to the airport. As usual, he had his Spotify connected to the Bluetooth device in his car. He was listening to his playlist he stopped his car all of a sudden when he heard this song! It was none other than" maanipaya". Hearing that song made him tear up. His inner feelings were trying to convey something to him, yet he couldn't understand what it was. He was disturbed, anxious, and restless. He knew he was missing something, but he was unsure what it was and why. He was immersed in his thoughts and only noticed that he had reached the airport entrance when he heard the loud horn sound from the cars at back. He drove towards the parking lot and parked his car. Then, he went to the airport to check-in and boarded the flight to Hyderabad. He was listening to his favourite playlist in the flight to calm himself. Music is his medicine. He never leaves his home without bringing his air pods, mainly to avoid conversation with people and to listen to music that always heals him. He was casually scrolling through Youtube and something on his Youtube notification caught his eyes. It was a channel suggestion. And by now you guys would have guessed it. It was Shruti's Youtube channel. He beamed out of joy. Without further delay, he immediately subscribed to her channel and started watching all her videos one by one. He enjoyed all her videos, especially her singing videos. Her voice became his new addiction. One song after another, he slowly got immersed in it. He didn't even realise that the flight landed till the announcement.

Upon reaching Hyderabad, he took a taxi to the shooting spot. As usual, he reached the shooting spot and straight got into his job. He didn't mingle with anyone. Conversation with people is not his cup of tea. He rather plays games on his phone or listens to music than connecting with people. Work-wise, he always gives his best. So, it was no doubt that the shoot was perfect and everyone on the set was happy and congratulated him for completing the shoot in one take. He was happy that his dedication to his work is slowly starting to pay off. Even though all this was happening, deep down he was still disturbed and didn't know the reason.

After the shoot was over he immediately booked the next available flight to Chennai and headed towards the airport. He boarded on the flight with a slight sense of relief as the shoot was over within a day. He reached Chennai airport and immediately headed home. Once he reached he got ready to sleep as it was already 1:00 am. While he was getting his bed ready, a notification popped up. It was CWC2 promo. When he saw the promo, he felt a sense of happiness and relief. This week was an actor and actresses round. Shruthi was dressed up as Jessie from Vinaithandi Varuvaya movie. She looked ethereal in saree and he couldn't take his eyes off her when he saw her in the promo saying that she misses him in the set. For the first time ever he saw her as a woman and that made him fall for her even more. He watched the promo numerous times just to replay the part where she appears as Jessie.

That's when he realised the feelings he had for her. He was actually missing her. He couldn't contain his happiness of seeing her in saree and decided to express his feelings for her but he did it in an undoubted manner. He made a TIK TOK video of VTV famous dialogue where Karthik confesses his feelings to Jessie. He posted the video on Instagram and mentioned that he is a big fan of STR and recreated his favourite scene from the movie. He kept his phone on the table next to his bed and he dozed off thinking about her...

Ps: extremely sorry, I couldn't find a proper picture and this is the closest pic I could find for the VTV dialogue recreation

Part 2: TBC