Nikita Mazepin

I don't hate this guy and anyone who hates him and bullies him online should stop, because he's still a human being. I'm not his fan, but I don't think he deserves the title of the most hated driver ever.

"Nik?" I asked, as I walked into his motorhome. He just got retired, because his car crashed and the race was just beginning.

"Go away" he mumbled.

"Are you okay?"

"Leave me alone!"

"Nik it's okay, it happens to everyone! It wasn't your fault!"

His face fell and he showed me his phone.

"Tell them that!"

I took his phone and saw that his Instagram was blowing up with DMs from F1 fans. All of them were super mean. They all said things like he didn't deserve the seat and that he was only there because of his dad. But there were some brutal ones, which wished he just died and all... it broke my heart.

"Baby..."

"Don't baby me!" He said, taking his phone back. "They're not wrong, you know. I am here because my dad has money... and I don't deserve this seat."

"Don't say that, Nik, you're-"

"Just stop, Jen. Tell me, why are you even with me? First time we met you hated me too."

"Because I didn't even know you."

"Is it also because of the money?"

I froze. How could he think that?! He really thought I was that materialistic?! I was in love with him, and he totally ignored that.

"Fuck off" I said, and stormed out of the motorhome, slamming the door behind me. After the race me and Nik spent an awkwardly silent car ride back to the hotel we were both staying in, and of course we were in the same room, so we just spent the rest of the afternoon mainly in silence. I was in the mini kitchen, making some food, because he couldn't cook even if his life depended on it, and he was in the bedroom, probably breaking down, and all I wanted to do was go inside and comfort him, be there for him, but I was still mad at him.

While I was waiting for the pasta to boil, I opened Instagram and saw that the comments under Nik's latest post were getting disgusting. I also got some comments and DMs, dissing me for being with him, but I couldn't care less. The hate directed to me was also hate directed to him, and I felt horrible for him.

So I looked through my phone and found a picture of Nik, just getting into his car, without the helmet, so you could see how happy he was, and he was honestly so cute on the picture, I was already melting. I posted it on Instagram with the caption:

I'm proud of you, Nik❤️ even though today didn't go as planned, I'll always be proud of you, and not just because you're an amazing driver, but because you're the best person alive.
For everyone who is hating on him now, shame on you. He doesn't deserve it, just because he took the opportunity to live his dream! I thought hate wasn't tolerated in F1.

The post immediately got a lot of likes, and comments with mean things, but I was happy to see people also agreeing with me.

I continued cooking and a few minutes later my notifications blew up, so I checked again, and saw that Lewis shared my post into his story, adding:

Well spoken, Jen. We're all taking our own opportunities in this sport, and none of you have the right to hate anyone for living their dream! Better luck next time, Nikita!🙏

I smiled, as I started to see some more positivity online. Lando, Mick and Pierre also shared my post, which made me smile even more. Ten minutes later Nik came out of the bedroom. I wasn't sure if he was crying or not, but he was in a horrible state.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I didn't actually think you were with me for the money, I was just angry."

"I know" I smiled sadly. "Come here."

He didn't hesitate to step closer and he let me close him into a huge hug, which he returned of course.

"I don't deserve you" he mumbled.

"Shut up, Nik, you deserve the world!"

"You're just saying that to make me feel better" he said. I broke the hug to look him dead in the eyes. I shook my head and sighed.

"No. I'm saying that because I'm in love with you."

That shut him up for a while. I never actually told him that.

"You mean that?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course I do" I smiled. I softly touched his face, and placed a kiss on his lips. "I just wish I could make it stop."

"You're already making it stop" he smiled, kissing me again, and pulling me even closer. "I love you too, you know."