Max Verstappen {long one shot}

Here's an extremely long one for the Max fans❤️

The boy I'd always hated.

Meaning I was totally obsessed with him, no idea why. I received some kind of satisfaction every time he lost a race or I placed higher than him. Ever since our karting days, we always ended up in the same competitions and categories. It sucked, because he was always better than me, but I had luck on my side most of the time, so it wasn't always him who came out higher.

My hatred grew even more when he got into F1 straight from F3. And he was merely 18. And I was still struggling in F2.

Finally in 2018 I got into F1, to Torro Rosso, to be more exact. And I hated that it was basically the same team as Max's, but the weaker one.

"Sarah!" Shouted Pierre and closed me into a huge hug.

"What's up Pear Pear" I laughed. I already loved being his teammate. We became friends in that one year when he was still in F2 and I was a rookie there.

"I've missed you. Wait until Antonio sees you" he said, and I started cracking up. Pierre and Antonio were teammates for Prema, while I was with ART. I had a few teammates, and shared with both Russell and Albon, so we all already knew each other.

2018 was an exciting year for me. First I got to know Pierre well, then Daniel, who was racing for Red Bull along Max. As we were all part of the Red Bull team, we took part in a lot of videos together, the four of us. Max and I kept the rivalry we always had, but because the cameras were appearing everywhere, we kept it all low. We mainly just ignored each other.

In 2019, I got and upgrade I both loved and hated.

Racing for Red Bull was incredible. Not many drivers can say they had the opportunity. But racing besides Max... that wasn't something I was waiting for.

I was just on my way to meet up with Christian Horner, when I saw that his office door was already slightly open, and someone was raging inside.

"Why her?! Christian, I thought you were bringing Pierre! Pierre, the guy who actually won an F2 championship! With her in Red Bull, we're going to lose!"

"Nice to know you think of me that way, Max" I said, stepping into the room.

"Sarah-"

"No it's okay, Christian. We would've gotten into a fight sooner or later anyways" I said calmly.

Max seemed furious. He glared at me for long, and then stormed out of the room.

"Don't mind him, Sarah" said Christian. "He's only mad because he knows you're going to be a challenge. But that's why I chose you. I want someone to push Max to his limits."

"But I'm still the seconds driver" I said, with a pointed look.

"There's no such thing" said Christian coldly. "But Max is the future of Red Bull, we will always give him everything we can and more."

"Understood" I said respectfully. I knew exactly where I stood, and I was okay with that.

A few weeks later we met with Max again. We had a training together.

"Oh you again" he said, stepping into the Red Bull gym.

"Hello to you too, Verstappen."

The training was spent in silence. The tension was unbearable but I had to deal with it.

The real tension came when we had our first ever race weekend. Already having to spend too much time together, going to interviews and doing videos, the hatred was growing into something epic.