Sergio Pérez

Look who decided to finally write a requested story💋
Sorry for not updating so much, I swear I'm trying my best❤️

21. Can't you see I'm in love with you?

Request by @gilrdomalik

I decided to name the OC Mariana, idk I can just imagine Checo saying "Mari". Also, this is from when Checo is still in Racing Point, but towards the end of the year.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Mariana's POV

As a 28-year-old woman I was feeling like a failure. I had a job, but didn't have the kind of security I wished to have, and I didn't have a family, or a husband for that matter. Was something wrong with me??

"Hello Mari" I heard Checo's voice as I was standing in the cafeteria of the Racing Point headquarters. He knew I was feeling down, so he asked me if I wanted to spend time with him and his little kid, Sergio Jr.

Ever since him and Carola called their engagement off, he's been out of it as well. They parted ways in a peaceful way, but they were both stressed for the kids, and wether the breakup would take a toll on them.

I was Checo's long time family-friend, and we'd been there for each other for almost a decade. I was there when he met Carola, and I was there when he first realised he fell out of love with her.

And he was there for me when my boyfriend proposed to me and I had a whole existential crisis because I knew I didn't want to marry him.

"Hey" I smiled and we hugged. "Still no news?" I asked, because I knew it was rumoured that he wouldn't keep his seat for the next season.

"No. They keep saying the same. Contracts are being negotiated."

"Fuck them" I whispered as we left the building and headed off to Junior's kindergarten. That's what I named his kid, as they actually shared the same name.

"Junior was excited in the morning when I told him you'd be with us this afternoon" he said, as he was driving and I smiled.

"Well I love him, you know that."

We collected the kid, then drove home. Junior was babbling about his day all ride long, and I loved listening to him. He was a such an entertaining little guy.

"We're here" announced Checo and took Junior from the backseat. I smiled at the sight of him carrying his kid, but then got depressed again. It reminded me of how agonisingly single I was, and how I also wanted a kid of my own. With a man I loved.

"You okay?" Asked Checo and I nodded.

"Sure. Junior, wanna help us with the dinner?" I asked, and the little boy was so excited Checo had to put him down. We gathered in the kitchen and we started making pasta. Junior was doing things like adding a bit of salt, or watching the timer.

We spent the whole afternoon playing with him, and I was left alone a lot with the kid, because Checo was getting a lot of calls from work.

"Is he sleeping here?" I asked Checo once he was back from a call and Junior was sprawled out on the couch, watching a cartoon.

"No, Carola is coming in an hour to get him."

"Oh. Okay."

It was always a little awkward to meet Carola, and for no reason. There was just always an uncomfortable atmosphere.

"Why don't you two like each other? It's not like I hate her, so you don't have to either."

"I don't hate her" I protested. "She just always ignores me. We simply don't talk, but we don't have beef or anything."