Marcus Armstrong (request)

Request: @Mi1234ll

10. You're hurting me.
20. Stop pushing everyone away!
29. You broke my heart and I can't even be mad at you!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Marcus?"

"Hello, Mia. What's up?"

"I wanna talk."

"Oh no."

I sat down next to him and took a deep breath.

"We have to break up."

Marcus froze. I could see the confusion on his face, and I had yet to find the courage in me to explain.

"I'm sorry, but I haven't been completely honest with you" I said, and I could see the life coming back to him.

"Mia you... you didn't cheat, did you?" He asked, his voice breaking. My eyes went wide.

"No! Of course not!" I said, becoming a little disappointed that he would think that.

"What then?"

"Well... I've been lying about my feelings. Not about me loving you, that's the truth, and frankly, I'll probably love you forever, but... the time is just so not right."

"That's bullshit, why would you say that?" He asked, taking a deep breath.

"You know why" I said quietly.

"We've been through that already" said Marcus, knowing exactly what I was talking about.

"Our relationship started with my heartbreak. You broke my heart and I can't even be mad at you, Marcus."

"What are you even talking about Mia? We've been dating for three months already! I thought we were over that!"

"I'm glad if you are" I shrugged, while tears were forming in my eyes. "But I never was. It eats me up."

"You never talk to me about these things, dammit!" Sighed Marcus.

"What was I supposed to tell you?"

"I don't know... but when I asked if it was okay, you could've said that it wasn't!"

So a little explanation:

Me and Marcus have known each other forever. Not like childhood friends, we weren't always close, but we went to the same school, then I started working for F2, and he became a driver...

I had a crush on him. A major one. And as we got closer, I fell in love. The problem was Sara, his ex girlfriend. They had a toxic relationship, and as it was becoming worse and worse every day, Marcus started falling for me too, as I was his comfort person.

What we fucked up was that we got way too close while they were still together. And he chose her over me. More than once. He just couldn't get out of her grasp. And it ruined me.

Once they finally broke up, Marcus apologised to me multiple times and worked hard to earn my trust. I was so in love with him, I obviously couldn't reject him. He already liked me a lot when he was with Sara, but didn't want to cheat on her.

"Talk to me Mia" said Marcus, as I was only sitting there silently. "What can I do to make it better? I don't want to lose you."

"You can't do anything. I just have a hard time trusting someone who caught feelings for me when he was still with his ex. And someone who treated me like shit."

"But that was the past, Mia, don't do this. I'd literally do anything to make you happy, to have you by my side. So tell me, please. What would make you feel more comfortable in this relationship?"