Daniel Ricciardo

Being best friends with someone is hard when you're head over heels for them. Especially when that someone is Daniel Ricciardo, getting literally every girl he wants.

We'd only known each other for a year, and became close friends a month before I first visited him in Perth. I'd been to two of his races before, but we couldn't meet up much besides that. Although, our long distance friendship game was super strong, so even on social media, we were well known to be best friends.

"You wanna try it?" Asked Daniel, as he got off his quad that was rallying around his mini track. I laughed and shook my head.

"Nah, I'd be too good."

"Yeah sure" he grinned, which made me grin too, and then we put his gear away so we could go out to a restaurant to eat. His house was empty, as he's just got back from a race weekend, so he had no food.

"Is it okay if we just order the food and eat at home?" Asked Daniel.

"Yeah, sure."

He surprised me when he threw and arm around my shoulder, but I didn't think much of it, he was doing it so casually, I was sure it was just how he naturally dealt with people.

After ordering, some fans noticed him so we had to stop and wait for them to take photos with Dan.

"Who's that?" Asked literally every fan, who saw me.

"That's my friend, Gia. She's cool" smiled Dan, causing my smile to widen even more. It was contagious, especially when I started at him for so long.

We finally headed back, and we ate lunch mainly in silence.

He went outside to tend his farm a little, and meanwhile, I decided to clean up, being the most wonderful guest I was.

Little did I know, Dan's knives were slightly sharper than I thought.

"DANNY!" I screamed.

A few seconds later he came rushing in, seemingly ready to fight anyone.

"What happened?"

"I need a plaster" I stated. He raised a brow.

"Woman! I thought someone was here to kill you!"

I looked at him apologetically, and waited for him to find the plasters in his chest of drawers.

"By the way" he said, finally getting a plaster and starting to tend to my finger. "Did you just call me Danny?"

"Erm... apparently" I shrugged. "Do you not like it?"

"No, I think it's cute" he grinned his famous grin. "It's just you usually call me Dan..."

"Yeah well it just slipped out" I giggled.

"It's okay, it sounds good coming from your mouth" he smirked and I froze for a second.

"Oh, okay" I said awkwardly. So much for being just friends... this dude! I was thinking about that moment for the rest of the day.

In the evening, we were sitting on his couch, eating the takeout food that was left.

I was literally in my cozy clothes, with horrible hair and my glasses on (which I didn't wear much), and I was stuffing my face, rambling to Daniel about the TV show we were watching. I was so into my monologue that I put the food down on the coffee table. I turned to him to keep talking, but he suddenly held my hands and interrupted me.

"I'm in love with you."

For a few seconds I forgot how to function. Did he really just say that??

"So... you didn't pay attention to anything I just said?" I asked, not knowing how to react.

"Erm... yeah sorry" he said, sounding a little disappointed. "Let's just keep watching it."

I was still shocked, so I didn't even respond, I just went along with him turning his head back to the television. I shook my head, and I grabbed the remote to switch the TV off.

"What made you say that?" I asked.

He was hesitating for a second.

"Erm... I've known for a while... I know we've only known each other for a year, but... I don't know, Gia. You're awesome and we get along well. And then when you called me Danny today..." he trailed off, making me smile.

"Really? That did it?" I asked, holding my laughter back. "If I knew, I would've called you Danny earlier."

It was his turn to be completely shocked.

"W-what?" It was almost surreal to see Daniel, the guy who was always confident in himself so flustered.

I simply grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him in for a sweet kiss. We both smiled into it.

"I love you too, Danny" I said, making him smile. Oh, that fucking smile of Danny Ric.

"So will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah" I laughed. "Honestly, when we first met, did you really think I wouldn't fall in love with you instantly with looks like that?" I asked jokingly.

"Well, I do look perfect" he shrugged.